You can set up a connection between Klipfolio and your DoubleClick Campaign Manager data to display your digital advertising metrics on a dashboard.
This article includes:
- Connecting my DoubleClick data in Klipfolio
- Adding a DoubleClick data source
- Troubleshooting tips for connecting to DoubleClick Campaign Manager data
- Adding a DoubleClick pre-built dashboard
- Creating a DoubleClick custom Klip
How do I connect to DoubleClick Campaign Manager in Klipfolio?
When you connect your DoubleClick Campaign Manager to Klipfolio, you will be prompted to connect your DoubleClick Campaign Manager account by entering your Google username and password.
Doing so creates a connection that enables Klipfolio to securely access your DoubleClick Campaign Manager account. By default, your connection name looks like this: yourname@Google<date and time created>. You can modify the default connection name when you create a new connection or from the Connected Accounts page, accessed by clicking Accounts > Connected Accounts.
You can use and reuse the same account connection every time you connect to DoubleClick Campaign Manager. If you have trouble accessing an existing connection, your OAuth token may have expired. Go here for troubleshooting tips.
How do I add a DoubleClick Campaign Manager data source?
To add a DoubleClick Campaign Manager data source:
- Navigate to the Service Connectors page in Klipfolio and choose DoubleClick Campaign Manager from the list.
- If this is your first time connecting to DoubleClick Campaign Manager:
- Click Connect an account. Enter your DoubleClick Campaign Manager login credentials and click Next. If prompted, click Allow Access to enable Klipfolio to securely access your DoubleClick Campaign Manager data. Click Continue.
- If you have connected with DoubleClick Campaign Manager before:
- Select an existing connection (token) from the drop-down list and click Continue.
- On the Configure your data source page, select your DoubleClick Campaign Manager Profile and Report from the drop-down list.
- Click Get data.
- Ensure this is the data you’re looking for and, optionally, select the checkbox to Model your data. Learn more about modelling your data source here.
- Click Continue.
- Name, choose refresh settings, and, optionally, share your data source.
- Click Save.
Troubleshooting tips for connecting to DoubleClick Campaign Manager data
If you are having trouble getting your DoubleClick Campaign Manager data into Klipfolio, here are some troubleshooting tips:
Scenario 1: You don't see your report in the drop-down list
In the Reports drop-down list on the Connect Your Data page in Klipfolio shows your ten last modified reports. If you don't see your report in the list, go to your chosen report in DoubleClick and rename it or make a minor, insignificant edit to it and then save your changes.
Scenario 2: You are getting an error message after clicking Submit.
There are two things you can do to rectify this:
- Verify that your report is in CSV format.
- Reduce the size of your report. Either shorten the date range or reduce the number of metrics your report.
No matter what changes you make in DoubleClick, be sure to save your changes, and try setting up your DoubleClick Campaign Manager data source again.
How do I add DoubleClick Campaign Manager pre-built dashboards?
In the Dashboard Gallery, you can browse and add pre-built dashboards. You replace the sample data that is included in pre-built dashboards with your own by clicking Connect Your Data at the top of the dashboard.
Learn more about the DoubleClick Campaign Performance Dashboard.
How do I create a DoubleClick Campaign Manager custom Klip?
You create custom Klips from either your list of Klips or your Dashboard. You choose a data visualization format, for example, a pie chart, gauge, or table, and decide whether you want to use an existing data source or create a new one. In the Klip Editor, there are limitless opportunities to modify, relate, and display your data. See the following related articles for more information and get building!