The Google Analytics Daily Overview dashboard shows you how your website is performing in the moment.
To learn more about the Google Analytics Daily Overview dashboard and to add it, click here.
This article includes:
How do I connect my Google Analytics Daily Overview dashboard?
To connect your Google Analytics Daily Overview dashboard:
- Once you've added the dashboard to your account, click Connect your Data.
- On Connect to services, click Connect an Account.
Note: You can manage your tokens in Klipfolio under Connected Accounts in the Account section.
- Click Next Step.
- Using the drop-down lists, select your Analytics Account, Web Property, and Analytics Profile.
- Click Update Klip.
- Click Next Klip to continue for all the Klips on your dashboard.
Frequently asked questions
This article includes answers to some common questions about the Google Analytics Website Overview dashboard. Don’t see your question? Contact Klipfolio support.
- What are expected values?
- What do the orange dots and green stars on my dashboard indicate?
- How do I change the thresholds that control the orange dots and green stars?
- How do I get the same dashboard for a different site?
What are expected values?
Your expected values indicate what your values should be based on historical values. For example, say it’s Thursday at 1:15PM. The expected values will show where you should be now, based on the values of the previous two Thursdays at 1:15PM.
What do the orange dots and green stars on my dashboard indicate?
We use indicators to show when values are displaying above or below the expected norm. Orange dots mean your current value is 25% below the expected value. You need to investigate this number.
How do I change the thresholds that control the orange dots and green stars?
Maybe you’re seeing green stars too often and want to set a higher threshold. Follow these steps to adjust the threshold:
- From your Klip, click the 3-dot menu and click Edit.
- In the left hand component tree, find the components that have 75% and 110%.
- In the formula bar, change the number 0.75 to your desired threshold (for example, if you only want to see orange dots if you're 50% below your expected value, change this number to 0.5).
- Save your changes.
- Repeat for other Klips.
How do I get the same dashboard for a different site?
You can add the dashboard again and pick a different site during the connection.