You can set up a connection between Klipfolio and Microsoft OneDrive to display data from files in your Microsoft OneDrive business or personal account on a dashboard.
This article includes:
- Connecting my OneDrive data in Klipfolio
- Adding a OneDrive data source
- Creating a OneDrive custom Klip
How do I connect to OneDrive data in Klipfolio?
When you connect your OneDrive data to Klipfolio, you will be prompted to connect your OneDrive account by entering your username and password.
Doing so will create a token that enables Klipfolio to securely access your OneDrive account. Your token looks like George@OneDrive. You can use and reuse the same token every time you connect to OneDrive.
Note: You manage your connections (tokens) to OneDrive in Klipfolio under Connected Accounts in the Account section.
How do I add a OneDrive data source?
- Navigate to the Service Connectors page in Klipfolio and choose OneDrive from the list.
- If this is your first time connecting to OneDrive:
- Click Connect an account. Enter your OneDrive login credentials and click Next. If prompted, click Allow Access to enable Klipfolio to securely access your OneDrive data. Click Continue.
- If you have connected to OneDrive before:
- Select an existing connection (token) from the drop-down list and click Continue.
- Select either My Drive for files in your OneDrive account, or Shared with Me for files that have been shared with you in OneDrive. You can filter the results by Last Modified or Alphabetical.
- Click Get data.
- Click Continue.
- Name, choose refresh settings, and, optionally, share your data source.
- Click Save.
Note: If needed, you can configure Advanced File Settings, however, in most cases this is unnecessary.
If you want to edit a data source that you already created, check out How to edit or reconfigure a data source, and get step-by-step instructions.
How do I create a OneDrive custom Klip?
You create custom Klips from either your list of Klips or your Dashboard. You choose a data visualization format, for example, a pie chart, gauge, or table, and decide whether you want to use an existing data source or create a new one. In the Klip Editor, there are limitless opportunities to modify, relate, and display your data. See the following related articles for more information and get building!