You can set up a connection between Klipfolio® and your Base CRM data to display your sales metrics on a dashboard.
This article includes:
- Options for visualizing my Base CRM data
- Connecting my Base CRM data in Klipfolio
- Adding a Base CRM pre-built or custom-built data source
- Creating a Base CRM custom Klip
- More about Base CRM's API and queries
What options do I have for visualizing my Base CRM data?
Create data visualizations based on pre-built options or build your own. The choice is yours!
Pre-built by Klipfolio
Take advantage of our pre-built data sources to gather the data most meaningful to you.
- Base CRM pre-built data sources: Data sources provide the foundation for Klip® building, so we suggest you create a data source as a first step (before building Klips® and adding them to your dashboard). Our pre-built data sources focus on the most sought-after Base CRM data and are found on the Service Connectors page, available from this link or from your list of data sources. When you select a service connector from this page, the data source for that service is automatically added.
Custom-built by you
Taking the time to learn how to create your own data sources and Klips unlocks your data and enables you to control, manipulate, and transform it, leading you to unprecedented insights into your business.
- Custom data sources: When you create a custom data source, you can either use the pre-built data source as a starting point from which to write your own query or you can write your own queries from the ground up and build a data source from scratch. You create custom-built data sources in the Service Connectors page, accessible from this link or from your list of data sources.
- Custom Klips: Using our Klip Editor, you can construct and manipulate your data, including integrating multiple data sources, to produce unique, custom-built data visualizations. You create custom Klips from either your list of Klips or your Dashboard.
Regardless of whether you choose pre-built, custom-built, or a combination of both, before you can start building Klips and dashboards you need to connect to Base CRM data in Klipfolio.
How do I connect to Base CRM data in Klipfolio?
When you connect your Base CRM data to Klipfolio, you will be prompted to connect your Base CRM account by entering your username and password.
Doing so creates a connection that enables Klipfolio to securely access your Base CRM account. By default, your connection name looks like this: yourname@BaseCRM<date and time created>. You can modify the default connection name when you create a new connection or from your list of connections, accessed by clicking your Account Name (located at the bottom of the left navigation sidebar) and selecting Account > Connected Accounts or by clicking the button in the left navigation sidebar and selecting Connections.
You can use and reuse the same account connection every time you connect to Base CRM. If you have trouble accessing an existing connection, your OAuth token may have expired. Go here for troubleshooting tips.
How do I add a Base CRM pre-built or custom-built data source?
To add a Base CRM pre-built or custom-built data source:
- Navigate to the Service Connectors page in Klipfolio and choose Base CRM from the list.
- Select a pre-built data source from the left section of the Choose a pre-built or custom connection page. Alternatively, if you want to create a custom-built data source, click Create a custom Base CRM data source.
- If this is your first time connecting to Base CRM:
- Click Connect an account. Enter your Base CRM login credentials and click Next. If prompted, click Allow Access to enable Klipfolio to securely access your Base CRM data. Click Continue.
- If you have connected to Base CRM before:
- Select an existing connection (token) from the drop-down list and click Continue.
- Adjust the Query URL information, as noted on the Configure your data source page, to replace any generic placeholder data with your own.
- If you are creating a custom-built data source, edit the Query URL further to return the data you need. Refer to the Base CRM API documentation for details.
- At Multiple Pages, select Retrieve more than one page of results if you expect your data to exceed one page. Note that this option is limited to 10 pages of data.
- Click Get data.
- Ensure this is the data you’re looking for. If you’re using Klips, optionally select the checkbox to Model your data. If you’re using PowerMetrics, which requires modelled data sources, you’ll automatically enter the modeller after clicking Continue. Learn more about modelling data sources.
- Click Continue.
- Name, choose refresh settings, and, optionally, share your data source.
- Click Save.
How do I create a Base CRM custom Klip?
You create custom Klips from either your list of Klips or your Dashboard. You choose a data visualization format, for example, a pie chart, gauge, or table, and decide whether you want to use an existing data source or create a new one. In the Klip Editor, there are limitless opportunities to modify, relate, and display your data. See the following related articles for more information and get building!
More about Base CRM's API and queries
Klipfolio connects to hundreds of services in the cloud that have a REST API. If you take the time to learn your service’s API to create queries for the data you want, your possibilities are endless. Here’s a quick overview video on APIs and Klipfolio:
If you need assistance using APIs, enlist a data analyst or developer.
Refer to the Base CRM API documentation to discover more data requests.
See the reference table below for API related information and sample queries.
|API Documentation||Base CRM API documentation|
|OAuth Token Authentication|
API Limits and Notes
|Base CRM offers API pricing plans and specific rate limits. You can make up to 36,000 requests per hour. To learn more, see Base CRM Pricing and Rate Limits.|
Rather than entering specific dates in the query, Base CRM queries are sorted by properties. For example:
Retrieve a list of up to 100 lead sources:
Your latest 100 deals sorted by updated date: