You can set up a connection between Klipfolio and your SharePoint data to display data from your files on a dashboard.
This article includes:
- Options for visualizing my SharePoint data
- Connecting my SharePoint data in Klipfolio
- Adding a SharePoint data source
- Creating a SharePoint custom Klip
What options do I have for visualizing my SharePoint data?
Create data visualizations based on pre-built options or build your own. The choice is yours!
Pre-built by Klipfolio
Take advantage of our pre-built data sources to gather the data most meaningful to you.
- SharePoint pre-built data sources: Data sources provide the foundation for Klip building, so we suggest you create a data source as a first step (before building Klips and adding them to your dashboard). Our pre-built data sources focus on the most sought-after SharePoint data and are found on the Service Connectors page, available from this link or from your list of data sources. When you select a service connector from this page, the data source for that service is automatically added.
Custom-built by you
Taking the time to learn how to create your own data sources and Klips unlocks your data and enables you to control, manipulate, and transform it, leading you to unprecedented insights into your business.
- Custom data sources: When you create a custom data source, you can either use the pre-built data source as a starting point from which to write your own query or you can write your own queries from the ground up and build a data source from scratch. You create custom-built data sources in the Service Connectors page, accessible from this link or from your list of data sources.
- Custom Klips: Using our Klip Editor, you can construct and manipulate your data, including integrating multiple data sources, to produce unique, custom-built data visualizations. You create custom Klips from either your list of Klips or your Dashboard.
Regardless of whether you choose pre-built, custom-built, or a combination of both, before you can start building Klips and dashboards you need to connect to SharePoint data in Klipfolio.
How do I connect to SharePoint data in Klipfolio?
When you connect your SharePoint data to Klipfolio, you will be prompted to connect your SharePoint account by entering your username and password.
Doing so creates a connection that enables Klipfolio to securely access your SharePoint account. By default, your connection name looks like this: yourname@SharePoint<date and time created>. You can modify the default connection name when you create a new connection or from the Connected Accounts page, accessed by clicking Accounts > Connected Accounts.
You can use and reuse the same account connection every time you connect to SharePoint. If you have trouble accessing an existing connection, your OAuth token may have expired. Go here for troubleshooting tips.
How do I add a SharePoint data source?
- Navigate to the Service Connectors page in Klipfolio and choose SharePoint from the list.
- If this is your first time connecting to SharePoint:
- Click Connect an account. Enter your SharePoint login credentials and click Next. If prompted, click Allow Access to enable Klipfolio to securely access your SharePoint data. Click Continue.
- If you have connected to SharePoint before:
- Select an existing connection (token) from the drop-down list and click Continue.
- Select a SharePoint Site that you would like to connect to. You can filter the results by Last Modified or Alphabetical.
- Click Get data.
- Ensure this is the data you’re looking for and, optionally, select the checkbox to Model your data. Learn more about modelling your data source here.
- Click Continue.
- Name, choose refresh settings, and, optionally, share your data source.
- Click Save.
- If needed, you can configure Advanced File Settings, however, in most cases this is unnecessary.
- If you are unable to access a file that was shared with you via a Sharepoint group, ask the owner of the file to instead share it with you as an individual user.
How do I create a SharePoint custom Klip?
You create custom Klips from either your list of Klips or your Dashboard. You choose a data visualization format, for example, a pie chart, gauge, or table, and decide whether you want to use an existing data source or create a new one. In the Klip Editor, there are limitless opportunities to modify, relate, and display your data. See the following related articles for more information and get building!