You can set up a connection between Klipfolio® and your LiveAgent data to display your helpdesk metrics on a dashboard.
This article includes:
- Options for visualizing my LiveAgent data
- Connecting my LiveAgent data in Klipfolio
- Adding a LiveAgent pre-built or custom-built data source
- Creating a LiveAgent data source from scratch
- Creating a LiveAgent custom Klip
What options do I have for visualizing my LiveAgent data?
Create data visualizations based on pre-built options or build your own. The choice is yours!
Pre-built by Klipfolio
Take advantage of our pre-built data sources to gather the data most meaningful to you.
- LiveAgent pre-built data sources: Data sources provide the foundation for Klip® building, so we suggest you create a data source as a first step (before building Klips™ and adding them to your dashboard). Our pre-built data sources focus on the most sought-after LiveAgent data and are found on the Service Connectors page, available from this link or from your list of data sources. When you select a service connector from this page, the data source for that service is automatically added.
Custom-built by you
Taking the time to learn how to create your own data sources and Klips unlocks your data and enables you to control, manipulate, and transform it, leading you to unprecedented insights into your business.
- Custom data sources: When you create a custom data source, you can either use the pre-built data source as a starting point from which to write your own query or you can write your own queries from the ground up and build a data source from scratch. You create custom-built data sources in the Service Connectors page, accessible from this link or from your list of data sources.
- Custom Klips: Using our Klip Editor, you can construct and manipulate your data, including integrating multiple data sources, to produce unique, custom-built data visualizations. You create custom Klips from either your list of Klips or your Dashboard.
Regardless of whether you choose pre-built, custom-built, or a combination of both, before you can start building Klips and dashboards you need to connect to LiveAgent data in Klipfolio.
How do I connect to LiveAgent data in Klipfolio?
To get the right data from LiveAgent, you use your LiveAgent API Key in the queries provided by Klipfolio or in your own query when building data sources.
How do I find my LiveAgent API Key?
To find your LiveAgent API Key:
- Log in to your LiveAgent account as an Admin.
- Navigate to the Admin panel.
- Select Configuration.
- Select System.
- Select API.
- Click Settings for API v1.
- Copy your API Key to your clipboard and use it in your Klipfolio queries.
Note: Klipfolio does not connect to LiveAgent API v3.
How do I add a LiveAgent pre-built or custom-built data source?
To add a LiveAgent pre-built or custom-built data source:
- Navigate to the Service Connectors page in Klipfolio and choose LiveAgent from the list.
- Select a pre-built data source from the left section of the Pick a Data Request page. Alternatively, if you want to create a custom-built data source, click Create a custom LiveAgent data source.
- Adjust the Query URL information, as noted on the New Data Source page, to replace any generic placeholder data with your own.
- If you are creating a custom-built data source, edit the Query URL further to return the data you need. Refer to the LiveAgent API documentation for details.
- Click Submit.
Note: In addition to your unmodelled data source, you can create a modelled version of your data source at this stage. To create a modelled data source, ensure that the checkbox next to Model this data source is selected before clicking Continue.
To learn more about creating a modelled data source, click here.
If you want to edit a data source that you already created, check out How to edit or reconfigure a data source, and get step-by-step instructions.
How do I create a LiveAgent data source from scratch?
You can choose to build a data source from scratch. Klipfolio connects to hundreds of services in the cloud that have a REST API. If you take the time to learn your service’s API to create queries for the data you want, your possibilities are endless. Here’s a quick overview video on APIs and Klipfolio:
If you need assistance using APIs, enlist a data analyst or developer.
Refer to the LiveAgent API documentation to discover more data requests.
When you are happy with your query, click Submit, and then save and name your new data source. You're now ready to use it to build a LiveAgent Klip.
See the reference table below for API related information and sample queries.
|API Documentation||LiveAgent API documentation|
|API Key Authentication|
API Limits and Notes
|Klipfolio connects to LiveAgent API v1, not API v3.|
Example date format for the last 30 days:
For the last 30 days, get the total number of chats, calls, rewards, chat answers and 4 more for each social media channel:
How do I create a LiveAgent custom Klip?
You create custom Klips from either your list of Klips or your Dashboard. You choose a data visualization format, for example, a pie chart, gauge, or table, and decide whether you want to use an existing data source or create a new one. In the Klip Editor, there are limitless opportunities to modify, relate, and display your data. See the following related articles for more information and get building!