You can set up a connection between Klipfolio and Wistia to show your video performance data on a dashboard. Use the steps in this article to learn how to set up that connection.
What is Klipfolio?
Klipfolio integrates with many cloud services and tools to create meaningful data visualizations.
How do I get started with Wistia?
You have the following options for visualizing your data on a dashboard in Klipfolio:
|Try the Klip Gallery||Use the Connector Gallery|
|The Klip Gallery allows you to track your key metrics using pre-built Klips for some of the most popular services and data sources.||The Connector Gallery helps you get your data fast with pre-built queries. Use this article as a guide to build your own data source.|
Authenticate with Wistia
In order to bring your data into Klipfolio,
- Log into your Wistia account and find your Wistia API Token Password.
- Use your API Token Password in Klipfolio to securely connect your data.
- If needed, find the ID of your video.
To find your Wistia API Token Password:
Wistia connector only:
Enter your Wistia API Token Password and find your Media ID
If you are using the Wistia connector to bring your data into Klipfolio,
- Navigate to the Connector Gallery in Klipfolio and choose Wistia from the list.
- Select the Latest Media query.
- Expand Authentication (OAuth, 2-Step, X-WSSE, or Basic).
- At Password, paste your Wistia API Token Password.
- Click Get Resource.
- To get data for a specific video, copy the ID for that video from the results in this data source. You will use your Media ID in other queries, like Video Metadata and Video Stats.
Klipfolio connects to hundreds of services in the cloud that have a REST API. If you take the time to learn how to get data into Klipfolio using APIs, your possibilities are endless. Here's a quick and simple overview video on APIs and Klipfolio:
If you need help using APIs, enlist a data analyst or developer to help you.
If you want to edit a data source that you already created, check out How to edit or reconfigure a data source, and get step-by-step instructions.
Wistia quick reference table
|API Documentation||Wistia API documentation|
|Basic HTTP Authentication|
For high level information (metadata) on your videos:
For key statistics on your videos:
- Introduction to the Connector Gallery
- Guide to REST API data sources
- Working with XML/JSON data sources
- Data Sources with Multiple Pages