When retrieving HubSpot data for a data feed, you might run into an issue where the query times out. This happens when too much data is being requested. You'll see an error message like this: "Request failed with status code 504." (See below.)
The good news is there's an easy solution! This article tells you how to filter out unnecessary data so you can avoid timeouts and get faster query times.
You'll begin in HubSpot, where you'll copy the list ID (that you'll later paste into the query builder when creating your data feed).
- In your HubSpot homepage, click Contacts > Lists.
- Click Create list or select a previously created Contact-based list.
- In the list, click Details and, under List IDs for API integrations, at List ID: click Copy list ID.
Next, go to the query builder in PowerMetrics.
- In the query builder, under Data view, select ContactsinList.
- Under Columns, select ListId.
- Click the Filter button, then click the Click to add filter field. (See below.)
- Select Equals as the operator and paste the ID number you copied from HubSpot into the Enter a value field. Then click Filter.
- Select other columns as desired.
- Click Preview data.
- If you're satisfied with the previewed data, click Use this data.
Note: The data feed will include a ListID column. You won't need this column of data for custom metrics so you can hide it if desired. To do so, before saving the data feed, either click the eye in the column header or click anywhere in the column and select Hide from the drop-down menu.