|Overview||Use a circular graph to show individual values and/or percentages in relation to a whole, such as poll results or regional revenue breakdowns.|
|Key Features||Use a pie or donut style
Show labels with tooltips and as a legend or around chart
Display values and/or percentages with the chart
Highlight "slices" of the chart on the dashboard by hovering over them
Separate a "slice" of the chart on the dashboard by clicking on the slice
The Pie Chart component allows you to compare individual values and/or percentages in a relation to a whole. This component is ideal for displaying data such as regional sales figures, poll results, or any other value that can be broken down categorically and compared to the big picture. Here is an example of this component using the "pie" style.
Note: Pie charts show proportions of categories, where the proportions and categories are defined by the Labels and Values subcomponents. Each label must have a corresponding value and the Labels and Values subcomponents must contain the same number of items, in matching order. For example, using the data from the Regional Bookings pie chart displayed above, the formulas for the Labels and Values subcomponents would be:
- Labels: ARRAY("Holland", "Italy", "Norway", "Russia", "Sweden")
- Values: ARRAY(3070, 3507, 1968, 2969, 3235)
Here is the structure of the Pie Chart component. This area of the Klip Editor is called the Component Tree.
This section provides examples of different ways to use the Pie Chart component.
To choose a chart style
You can choose from one of two styles for your chart: a pie (pictured above), or a donut (pictured below).
Changing a chart style
- Select Pie Chart from the component tree.
- On the Properties panel, choose a Pie Style.
To use chart labels
You have three label options:
- Hide labels.
- Show labels around the pie chart.
- Show labels in a legend.
Within your labels, you have the option to display data in the form of percentages and/or values.
Even if you choose to hide the labels from your chart, you will still be able to see labels as a tooltip by hovering your mouse pointer over any section of the chart.
Setting label appearance
- Select Pie Chart from the Component Tree.
- From the Labels menu, select a label appearance style
- Optional: From the Labels menu, choose Show values and/or Show percentage.
To display a separate chart slice
On your dashboard, you have the ability to display a slice of your graph separated from the rest of the graph to emphasize that portion of data.
To do this, click on the slice of data you want to separate from your chart.
Now that you know more about working with Pie Charts, you are ready to check out these tutorials:
- Pie chart with number and percentage
- Facebook pie chart - page fans
- The ARRAY function (with a Pie Chart)
- Common Pie Chart scenarios: Displaying numbers and percentages in a pie chart legend
- Common Pie Chart scenarios: Displaying total number of surveys as a percentage by country
These articles provide an overview of important concepts for building Klips:
- How to build Pictograph components
- How to use Indicators
- Using drill down in a Table component
- How to build Table components