For more pre-built Klips and dashboards, see the Klipfolio Integrations Page.
Add pre-built YouTube Klips to your dashboard and start tracking your video data!
To connect our YouTube pre-built Klips to your own data, you must be the manager of your YouTube channel. (See instructions below "To add a manager".)
You'll also need:
- The login credentials for the Google account that's connected to your YouTube channel
To add a manager:
- Go to your YouTube channel.
- Click on your profile.
- To access settings, choose a YouTube channel and select the gear icon.
- Select add or remove managers.
- Either add yourself or ask a colleague to add you to the list of Google+ managers.
- Go to your email to confirm your manager status.
To add a YouTube pre-built Klip to your dashboard:
In an open dashboard, click +Add a Klip. In the Klip Gallery, select YouTube.
If this is your first time connecting to your YouTube data, click + Connect new account. Click Connect Now.
If you've connected to YouTube before, select your existing connection from the drop-down menu and click Update Klip.
A few tips
If you’re having trouble connecting to your YouTube channel, try these strategies to help you connect your data:
- Select a different, existing token from the drop-down menu. Make sure it's connected to your YouTube channel.
- Add a new token by clicking + Connect new account... and selecting a different YouTube channel that's associated with your account.
- Go to your YouTube account and make sure that your channel has videos on it.
Managing your YouTube connection
By default, your connection name looks like this: yourname@Google <date and time created>. You can modify the default connection name when you create a new connection or from your list of connections, accessed by clicking your Account Name (located at the bottom of the left navigation sidebar) and selecting Account > Connected Accounts or by clicking the button in the left navigation sidebar and selecting Connections.
You can use the same account connection every time you connect to YouTube. If you have trouble accessing an existing connection, your OAuth token may have expired. If that happens to you, check out these troubleshooting tips.