Klipfolio enables you to visualize your data much faster than building from scratch using pre-built content from the Klip Gallery.
The Klip Gallery includes a variety of pre-built Klip options. There are example Klips that help you learn what you can do in Klipfolio. There are also links to pre-built Klips you can use to connect your data for popular services such as Google Analytics and Facebook.
Learning with example Klips
The Klip Gallery features a variety of example Klips that demonstrate how Klipfolio works and help you decide which types of visualizations are right for you. These Klips include:
- Sample Metrics are sample Klips of popular metrics that will inspire you when you’re creating your own Klips. Add the sample metric Klip to your dashboard. Click the 3-dot menu on the Klip and choose Edit to see and explore first-hand how the Klip was built - from formulas to colours and fonts.
- Visualizations enable you to discover the many ways you can visualize your data, from pie charts to vertical gauges. Like the sample metric Klips, our visualization examples include sample data so you can click Edit to learn how they were built and explore their options.
- KPI examples are examples that focus on marketing, sales, and finance metrics.
Connecting to popular services
The Klip Gallery includes hundreds of pre-built Klips for popular services. No need to write formulas, set properties, or format your visualization. Simply choose a service and select a pre-built Klip from the Klip Gallery, add it to your dashboard, and connect it to your own data.
This article includes:
- How do I add a pre-built Klip?
- What is sample data and how do I connect my data?
- How do I modify a Klip?
- How do I share my pre-built Klips?
How do I add a pre-built Klip?
You can access pre-built Klips from the Klip Gallery page on the Klipfolio website. While browsing, you can read more about a Klip by clicking Learn More. The Klip Gallery can also be accessed from within your Klipfolio account.
Note: The in-app link to the Klip Gallery includes Klipfolio branding. White-Label customers should use this link to access the Klip Gallery.
To add a pre-built Klip from your Klipfolio account:
- In the top-left corner of an open dashboard, click Add a Klip.
- From the Klip Gallery, select from the list of services to see their available Klips.
- Click +Add to Dashboard.
- Click Done.
What is sample data and how do I connect to my data?
When you add a Klip from the Klip Gallery, it displays realistic sample data. To create meaningful visualizations, you need to substitute this sample data with your own.
To replace the sample data with your own data for a Klip, hover over the Sample Data banner and click Connect Your Data when it displays. Follow the steps to set up the Klip with your own data.
Note about the mobile app: The sample data banner is not clickable in the Klipfolio mobile app. You need to connect your data from your desktop. Once your data is connected, your own data will display in the mobile app.
How do I modify a Klip?
You can modify a Klip by using the reconfigure or the edit option:
- Reconfigure the Klip - When you reconfigure a Klip, you modify the data that’s being displayed by changing the connection settings. On the Klip that you want to reconfigure, click the 3-dot menu and click Reconfigure.
Note: If you make changes to the Klip using the Klip Editor, you will no longer be able to reconfigure your Klip.
- Edit the Klip - When you edit a Klip, you modify its presentation properties, the data that it’s using, and more. These changes are made in the Klip Editor. On the Klip that you want to edit, click the 3-dot menu and click Edit.
To learn more about the differences between reconfiguring and editing your Klip, click here.
How do I share my pre-built Klips?
After setting up your pre-built Klips, you're now ready to share them with your team. Learn more about the different ways you can share Klips here.