Want to get to your data faster? Instead of building from scratch, take advantage of our pre-built Klips. You can find them on our website in the Klip Gallery or in Klipfolio when you add Klips to an open dashboard.
Note: To avoid Klipfolio branding, White-Label customers should go here for the Klip Gallery.
Klipfolio offers a variety of pre-built Klip options. Our example Klips help you learn what you can do in Klipfolio. Our pre-built Klips include realistic sample data. When you connect them to your own data, you instantly create personalized Klips without any need for further configuration.
This article includes:
- Learning with example Klips
- Visualizing your data with pre-built Klips
- How do I add a pre-built Klip and connect to my data?
- How do I modify a Klip?
- How do I share my pre-built Klips?
Learning with example Klips
Use our example Klips to help you decide which visualization type is right for your data. Dig into the examples to see how we built them and then apply the same formatting and display principles when designing and building your own Klips.
Our example Klips include:
- Sample Metrics are sample Klips based on popular business metrics. They're a great inspiration for building your own Klips! Add a sample metric Klip to your dashboard. Click the 3-dot menu on the Klip and choose Edit to learn how the Klip was built - from formulas to colours and fonts.
- Visualizations help you discover the many ways you can visualize your data, from pie charts to vertical gauges. Like the sample metric Klips, you can click Edit to learn how they were built and explore their settings.
- KPI examples focus on marketing, sales, and finance metrics. Our KPI examples include sample data. If you want to populate these examples with your own data, click the 3-dot menu on the Klip and select Connect your data. See more below about connecting to your data.
Visualizing your data with pre-built Klips
Klipfolio offers hundreds of pre-built Klips for popular services. No need to write formulas, set properties, or format your visualization. Just choose a service, select a pre-built Klip, add it to your dashboard, and connect it to your own data.
How do I add a pre-built Klip and connect to my data?
To add a pre-built Klip:
- In the top-left corner of an open dashboard, click Add a Klip.
- With Klip Gallery selected in the left section of the window, either scroll through the list or type the name of the service you're looking for in the search bar.
- Click the desired service to see its available pre-built Klips.
- When you find the pre-built Klip you want, click +Add to Dashboard.
- Click Done.
The Klip you just added includes sample data. To create meaningful visualizations, you need to replace this sample data by connecting to your own data.
To replace the sample data with your own data:
- Hover over the Sample Data banner and click Connect Your Data when it displays.
- You'll be prompted to sign in to the service and give Klipfolio permission to securely access data within your account. Learn more about how to connect to various services in this section of our Knowledge Base.
- After you've connected to your data, click Update Klip.
Note about the mobile app: The sample data banner is not clickable in the Klipfolio mobile app. You need to connect your data from your desktop. Once your data is connected, your own data will display in the mobile app.
How do I modify a Klip?
You can modify a Klip by using the reconfigure or the edit option:
- Reconfigure the Klip - When you reconfigure a Klip, you modify the data that’s being displayed by changing the connection settings. For example, you might want to connect to data in a different Google Analytics account than the one you initially chose. On the Klip that you want to reconfigure, click the 3-dot menu and click Reconfigure.
Note: If you make changes to the Klip using the Klip Editor, you will no longer be able to reconfigure your Klip.
- Edit the Klip - When you edit a Klip, you modify its presentation properties, the data that it’s using, and more. These changes are made in the Klip Editor. On the Klip that you want to edit, click the 3-dot menu and click Edit.
How do I share my pre-built Klips?
After setting up your pre-built Klips, you're now ready to share them with your team. Learn more about the different ways you can share Klips.