|Data Source Type:||REST/URL|
Unbounce API KeyBasic HTTP Authentication
|API Documentation:||Unbounce API Documentation|
Creating a data source using Unbounce
To create a data source using Unbounce, you need to accomplish four tasks:
- Start the data source creation process
- Craft a query and enter it into Klipfolio
- Find your API Key
- Authenticate and complete the data source creation process
Note: This guide assumes that you already have an active Unbounce account.
Prerequisite: Find your API key
You can request access to the Unbounce API by filling out and submitting this form. Once they have enabled API access for your account, you will need to create an API key. You can create and access API keys on your Unbounce Account Management screen.
Once you have access to the Unbounce API, follow these detailed instructions to find your API Key in Unbounce.
Prerequisite: Find your Unbounce Page ID
Depending on your query, you may need to find your Unbounce landing page ID.
To find your landing page ID,
|Navigate to the list of your published landing pages in your Unbounce account, and choose a landing page.|
|On the information page of your landing page, navigate up to the URL, and copy your Page ID.
Copy the last series of digits at the end of the URL.
Step 1: Start the data source creation process
To create a data source using Unbounce, go to the Service Connector page in Klipfolio and select the Unbounce connector.
Step 2: Craft your query and enter it into Klipfolio
To craft a query, you will need to utilize Unbounce API documentation to help you get started on crafting a query.
Here is a sample query to help you get started:
Copy and paste your completed query URL from Unbounce into Klipfolio.
Step 3: Authenticate and complete the data source creation process
Now back in Klipfolio, on the Create Data Source page, you can complete your query.
- At Data Format, select JSON.
- At Method, select GET or POST.
- In the Authentication (OAuth, 2-Step, X-WSSE, or Basic) menu, under Type, select Basic HTTP Authentication.
- At Username, enter your API Key
- At Password, leave the password blank.
- Click Get data.
- Ensure this is the data you’re looking for and, optionally, select the checkbox to Model your data. Learn more about modelling your data source here.
- Click Continue.
- Name, choose refresh settings, and, optionally, share your data source.
- Click Save.