|Sample News Feed:||
|Sample RSS URL:||
Create a new data source using an RSS news feed
To create a data source using an RSS news feeds, you need to accomplish the following tasks:
- Create a new data source.
- Retrieve your RSS news feed URL.
- Create your RSS feed in Klipfolio.
Step 1: Start the data source creation process
To create a data source using RSS feed, go to the Connector Gallery page in Klipfolio and select RSS Feeds.
Step 2: Retrieve your RSS news feed URL
To retrieve your RSS News Feed URL
- Navigate to your news feed.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select RSS. If RSS is not at the bottom of the page, run the name of the feed (for example, Google News) through your search browser, together with RSS. The RSS link, or information that will lead you to the RSS link, should appear. Select it.
- Once you have selected RSS, a page of code will appear. Copy the URL of that page, and paste it into the URL field in the New Data Source page in Klipfolio.
Here are a few sample RSS URLS to get you started:
CBC World News
BBC World News
Step 3: Create your RSS news feed in Klipfolio
Now that you have pasted your RSS URL into Klipfolio:
- At Data Format, select XML from the drop-down menu.
- At Method, select GET from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Submit button.
Note: In addition to your raw data source, you can create a modelled version of your data source at this stage. To create a modelled data source, ensure that the checkbox next to Model this data source is selected before clicking Continue.
To learn more about creating a modelled data source, click here.
- Save, name, and select an appropriate refresh rate for your data source.
- On the About this Data Source page, select Build a Klip with this Data Source.