|Data Source Type||REST/URL|
|API Documentation||Instagram API documentation|
|Klip Gallery||Save time and add pre-built Klips with the Klip Gallery!
Klip Gallery: Instagram.
Creating a data source using Instagram
To create a data source using Instagram, you need to accomplish 3 tasks:
- Start the data source creation process.
- Authenticate with Instagram.
- Write a query and enter it in Klipfolio.
Step 1: Start the data source creation process
To create a data source using Instagram, go to the Connector Gallery page in Klipfolio and select Instagram.
Step 2: Authenticate with Instagram
- Click the Connect new account link.
- Enter your Instagram username and password when prompted.
- After logging in, you will be prompted to allow Klipfolio to access your Instagram account.
Step 3: Write a query and enter it in Klipfolio
Refer to the Instagram API documentation as you are writing a query.
Here are a few sample queries to get you started:
Most recent media:
Recently tagged media:
Basic information about a user:
There is a lot more data that you can request from Instagram. Here is list of Instagram endpoints that you can choose from.
Find your Instagram User ID
To find your Instagram User ID, you have two options. You can either use this handy link to quickly get your User ID, or you can use the Instagram API console.
To find your User ID in the Instagram API console,
- Navigate to Instagram's API console.
- Select OAuth2 from the Authentication drop-down menu.
- Click Sign in to Instagram in the pop-up window.
- In the query box, paste https://api.instagram.com/v1/users/self.
- Your User ID is listed at the bottom of the results. Copy the ID and paste into your query.