|Data Source Type:||REST/URL|
|Authentication:||OAuth Token Authentication|
|Sample Query:||Refer to Bitly API Documentation|
|API Documentation:||Bitly API Documentation|
Creating a data source using Bitly
To create a data source in Klipfolio using Bitly, you need to accomplish the following tasks:
- Start the data source creation process.
- Authenticate with Bitly.
- Copy a link from your Bitly account.
- Write a query and enter it into Klipfolio.
Note: This guide assumes that you already have an active Bitly account.
Step 1: Start the data source creation process
To create a data source using Bitly, go to the Connector Gallery page in Klipfolio and select Bitly.
Step 2: Authenticate with Bitly
- Click the Connect new account link.
- Enter your Bitly username and password when prompted.
- After logging in, you will be prompted to allow Klipfolio to access your Bitly account.
Step 3: Select a link in your Bitly account
- Navigate to the following URL in a new browser window or tab: https://bitly.com
- Select a link from which you would like to retrieve data from your account.
- Use CTRL+C to copy the URL to your clipboard.
You will need this link when building your query.
Step 4: Configure your data source
Now you'll need to build a query to get your data. Refer to Bitly's API Documentation for help building your query.
- Enter your query URL in the URL field on the Configure your data source page.
- At Data Format, use the drop-down menu to select JSON file type.
- At Method, use the drop-down menu to select GET.
- Click Get data.
- Ensure this is the data you’re looking for and, optionally, select the checkbox to Model your data. Learn more about modelling your data source here.
- Click Continue.
- Name, choose refresh settings, and, optionally, share your data source.
- Click Save.