|Data Source Type:||REST/URL|
|Authentication:||OAuth Token Authentication|
|Sample Query:||Refer to Bitly API Documentation|
|API Documentation:||Bitly API Documentation
Bitly API Console
Save time and add pre-built Klips with the Klip Gallery!Klip Gallery: Bitly
Creating a data source using Bitly
To create a data source in Klipfolio using Bitly, you need to accomplish the following tasks:
- Start the data source creation process.
- Authenticate with Bitly.
- Copy a link from your Bitly account.
- Write a query and enter it into Klipfolio.
Note: This guide assumes that you already have an active Bitly account.
Step 1: Start the data source creation process
To create a data source using Bitly, go to the Connector Gallery page in Klipfolio and select Bitly.
Step 2: Authenticate with Bitly
- Click the Connect new account link.
- Enter your Bitly username and password when prompted.
- After logging in, you will be prompted to allow Klipfolio to access your Bitly account.
Step 3: Select a link in your Bitly account
- Navigate to the following URL in a new browser window or tab: https://bitly.com
- Select a link from which you would like to retrieve data from your account.
- Use CTRL+C to copy the URL to your clipboard.
Step 4: Write a query and enter it into Klipfolio
Using Bitly's API Console to construct a query URL
In this section, you will work with Bitly's API Console to construct a query URL.
- Navigate to the following URL in a new browser window or tab: http://dev.bitly.com/console.html.
- From the Authentication menu, use the drop-down menu to select OAuth 2 to authorize Bitly to retrieve data for your account.
- Sign in with Bitly and click the Allow button to authorize Apiggee's API Console to use your account.
- From the Service drop down menu, select a service to find a Query URL. For example, https://api-ssl.bitly.com.
- Select an API method. For example, GET link_clicks.
- In the Query tab, click the link section and use CTRL+V to paste the link from Step 3.
- Optional: Use tabs within the explorer to provide additional parameters to the Query URL.
Enter the query in Klipfolio
Now you'll need to bring the query you wrote with the Bitly API Console into Klipfolio.
- In the Bitly API console, Request URL section, highlight the URL in the text field.
- Copy the URL to your clipboard.
- Return to Klipfolio.
- Paste the URL in the URL field on the New Data Source page.
- At Data Format, use the drop-down menu to select JSON file type.
- At Method, use the drop-down menu to select GET.
- Click the Get Resource button.
- Click the Continue button once you verify you have retrieved the correct data and Save your data source.