You can set up a connection between Klipfolio and Google Drive to show your Google Sheets data on a dashboard. Use the steps in this article to learn how set up that connection.
This article includes:
How do I connect to Google Drive data in Klipfolio?
When you connect your Google Drive data to Klipfolio, you will be prompted to connect your Google Drive account by entering your username and password. Doing so will create a token that enables Klipfolio to securely access your Google Drive account. Your token looks like George@Google. You can use and reuse the same token every time you connect to Google Drive.
How do I add a Google Drive data source?
Note: Google Sheets with pivot tables are not supported.
To add a Google Drive data source:
- Navigate to the Service Connectors page in Klipfolio and choose Google Drive from the list.
- If this is your first time connecting to Google Analytics:
- Click Connect an account. Enter your Google Analytics login credentials and click Next. If prompted, click Allow Access to enable Klipfolio to securely access your Google Analytics data. Click Continue.
- If you have connected with Google Analytics before:
- Select an existing connection (token) from the drop-down list and click Continue.
- Navigate through your Google Drive folders (choose either My Drive, Team Drives, or Shared with me to locate your file).
- Select the file to be uploaded.
Note: Ensure that your Google Drive spreadsheet name is no longer than 31 characters.
- Click Get data.
- Ensure this is the data you’re looking for and, optionally, select the checkbox to Model your data. Learn more about modelling your data source here.
- Click Continue.
- Name, choose refresh settings, and, optionally, share your data source.
- Click Save.
Note: For a data source to update and refresh accurately, the data source name and ID must not be changed.