Klipfolio works best with data that is properly and consistently formatted. It’s faster and easier to build Klips and PowerMetrics using properly formatted data.
We recommend you follow these best practices when preparing your data for upload either locally or through a file sharing service.
- Ensure your numerical data is in a standard decimal format. For example 1000000.29.
- If possible, remove any non-numeric characters from numerical data. For example, currency ($) symbols.
- Ensure all numeric data columns are set as a numeric data type.
- Ensure all non-numeric data columns are set as a text data type.
- To ensure accurate data, remove all external references, such as vlookup and pivot tables.
- Ensure that date columns have a consistent date format. For example, YYYY-MM-DD.
- If possible,
- have your data in columns rather than rows. This is especially important for date values.
- remove total rows.
- ensure each column has the same number of rows.
- fill blank cells with text, such as N/A or NULL.
- Remove any trailing spaces from Excel worksheet names, otherwise you will not be able to select your data within the Klip Editor.
- To avoid slow performance, due to limits imposed by your web browser, the maximum file size for any data source type is 10 MB. Learn more about file sizes and how to increase your data source size here.