You can set up a connection between Klipfolio and your Radian6 data to display your marketing metrics on a dashboard.
This article includes:
- Options for visualizing my Radian6 data
- Connecting my Radian6 data in Klipfolio
- Adding a Radian6 pre-built or custom-built data source
- Creating a Radian6 custom Klip
- More about Radian6's API and queries
What options do I have for visualizing my Radian6data?
Create data visualizations based on pre-built options or build your own. The choice is yours!
Pre-built by Klipfolio
Take advantage of our pre-built data sources to gather the data most meaningful to you.
- Radian6 pre-built data sources: Data sources provide the foundation for Klip building, so we suggest you create a data source as a first step (before building Klips and adding them to your dashboard). Our pre-built data sources focus on the most sought-after Radian6 data and are found on the Service Connectors page, available from this link or from your list of data sources. When you select a service connector from this page, the data source for that service is automatically added.
Custom-built by you
Taking the time to learn how to create your own data sources and Klips unlocks your data and enables you to control, manipulate, and transform it, leading you to unprecedented insights into your business.
- Custom data sources: When you create a custom data source, you can either use the pre-built data source as a starting point from which to write your own query or you can write your own queries from the ground up and build a data source from scratch. You create custom-built data sources in the Service Connectors page, accessible from this link or from your list of data sources.
- Custom Klips: Using our Klip Editor, you can construct and manipulate your data, including integrating multiple data sources, to produce unique, custom-built data visualizations. You create custom Klips from either your list of Klips or your Dashboard.
Regardless of whether you choose pre-built, custom-built, or a combination of both, before you can start building Klips and dashboards you need to connect to Radian6 data in Klipfolio.
How do I connect to Radian6 data in Klipfolio?
To connect your Radian6 data to Klipfolio, you will need your username, password, and application key.
To get the right data from Radian6, you use your Radian6 URL in the queries provided by Klipfolio or in your own query when building data sources.
How do I add a Radian6 pre-built or custom-built data source?
To add a Radian6 pre-built or custom-built data source:
- Navigate to the Service Connectors page in Klipfolio and choose Radian6 from the list.
- Select a pre-built data source from the left section of the Choose a pre-built or custom connection page. Alternatively, if you want to create a custom-built data source, click Create a custom Radian6 data source.
- If you are creating a custom-built data source, edit the URL further to return the data you need. Refer to the Radian6 API Documentation for details. Note: Use Unix time format when specifying a date range.
- At Username, enter your Radian6 username.
- At Password, enter your Radian6 password.
- At Application Key, enter your Radian6 application key.
- Click Get data.
- Ensure this is the data you’re looking for. If you’re using Klips, optionally select the checkbox to Model your data. If you’re using PowerMetrics, which requires modelled data sources, you’ll automatically enter the modeller after clicking Continue. Learn more about modelling data sources.
- Click Continue.
- Name, choose refresh settings, and, optionally, share your data source.
- Click Save.
How do I create a Radian6 custom Klip?
You create custom Klips from either your list of Klips or your Dashboard. You choose a data visualization format, for example, a pie chart, gauge, or table, and decide whether you want to use an existing data source or create a new one. In the Klip Editor, there are limitless opportunities to modify, relate, and display your data. See the following related articles for more information and get building!
How do I create a Radian6 data source from scratch?
Klipfolio connects to hundreds of services in the cloud that have a REST API. If you take the time to learn your service’s API to create queries for the data you want, your possibilities are endless. Here’s a quick overview video on APIs and Klipfolio:
If you need help using APIs, enlist a data analyst or developer.
Refer to the Radian6 API Documentation to discover more data requests.
See the reference table below for API related information.
|API Documentation||Radian6 API Documentation|
|Basic HTTP Authentication|