Note: You cannot reconfigure or duplicate an existing non-dynamic data source. Dynamic data sources must be created from scratch.
If you have a Klip that uses dynamic data sources which is not displaying the expected data, you can investigate the dynamic data sources using the About this Data Source and debug_info pages:
- On your dashboard, click Library and select the Data Sources tab.
- From the list of data sources displayed, select the dynamic data source to open its About this Data Source page. A data source can be identified as dynamic if Download Data is not displayed to the left of Reconfigure Data Source.
- In the URL displayed in the browser address bar, replace view with debug_info.
- Scroll down to the Instances section. This is a list of the individual dynamic data source instances, each with its unique ID, variable (prop:<variable>) setting and refresh information.
- Check for dynamic data source instances with the following issues:
- invalid or missing variable setting
- empty last refresh value
- click data to view the dynamic data source instance and assess the contents
- click x to delete the dynamic data source instance (this will delete only the specific instance, not the entire data source)
- click refresh to refresh the dynamic data source instance
Dynamic data sources with multiple variables
Dynamic data sources can have multiple variables associated with them. If these variables are set to an invalid combination, an invalid data source instance will be created. To prevent invalid combinations of variables, the User Input Control components that set these variables should be associated with a Button component configured to co-ordinate the setting of these variables.
For additional assistance debugging dynamic data sources, contact email@example.com.