To delete a user, you must be assigned to a role with the necessary permissions, for example, the Admin role that's included by default in your account. Learn more about roles and permissions here.
To delete a user:
- In the left navigation sidebar, click Users.
- Click the check box beside the name of the user you want to delete.
- Click Delete.
All Klips, dashboards, data sources, and PowerMetrics that were owned by the deleted user are automatically transferred to the person deleting the user. You will need to reconfigure some data sources because data source tokens cannot be transferred.
Why can't I delete a user?
If you are having trouble deleting a user, it could be that:
- You have a custom role assigned to you that doesn't include all of the necessary permissions. Learn more about custom roles here.
- The user is the Primary Contact. Klipfolio will not let you delete the primary contact of an account until you have selected another user as the primary contact.
To change the primary contact for an account:
- In Klipfolio, click on your name and select Account.
- Select the Company tab.
- Within Company Info, beside Primary Contacts, click Edit.
- Select another user as the primary contact.
- Click Save.
Why did some of the user's assets not get transferred?
If some or all of the deleted user's assets didn't get transferred upon user deletion it could be because the admin who deleted the user has a custom role that doesn't include all of the necessary permissions. For example, if the account includes PowerMetrics, the custom role must include the "access API" and the "manage all users, groups, and roles" permissions.
- User roles and access permissions
- Removing a user from a custom role
- Removing a custom role
- Checklist for adding new users