A rolling list of all changes made to Klipfolio.
Note: Microsoft has stated Windows XP, including Windows Internet Explorer 8, End of Life was April 8, 2014. Keeping in step with Microsoft's timeline, Klipfolio will no longer support Internet Explorer 8. We encourage our customers to upgrade to the latest version of Internet Explorer. For more information on Microsoft's support life cycle, see Microsoft Support.
Focus on CSS updates, fullscreen corrections, XPath enhancements, updates to the Klipfolio API, and bug fixes
Focus on new data sources, updates to the Klipfolio API, Xpath enhancements and bug fixes
|2015/11/05||Performance and stability investments.|
Focus on Klip Gallery and data source connection enhancements, new mobile app for Android, white label Bug fixes
|2015/10/26||Klipfolio for Android released!
Focus - Released Public Links, API updates, Klip Gallery usability and bug Bug fixes
Focus - Data source connector improvements, map component update, usability enhancements, Klip Gallery updates, improved performance and bug Bug fixes
Focus - Klipfolio for iPhone released
|2015/10/05||Klipfolio for iPhone Released|
Focus - Enhancements to data source connectors, UI updates, API enhancements and bug fixes
|09/21/2015||Enhancements for Mobile. Bug fix:
Focus - Introduced new data source connectors, UI tours, live chat for Ninja customers, list of data source integrations, new map marker component and bug fixes
|08/27/2015||Now sharing a broader set of data sources our customers connect to.
|08/07/2015||Introduced more comprehensive awareness of the breadth of data sources customers are connecting to. Bug fix:
Focus - Introduced private links and Ninja Services new data sources supported
Release 34 - Focus on general UI improvements.
Release 33 - Focus on new performance enhancements, trial support and new data source support.
More flexibility when accepting email formats for new users. It is now possible to display a single point of data on smooth line charts (with and without shaded areas) as a dot.
|06/18/2015||Bug fix App no longer freezes in full-screen mode after editing a Klip.|
Shopify is now supported as a data source.
Enhancements to adding a Klip to a custom dashboard.
Olark, an online support chat tool, is now supported in the Klipfolio app.
Data sources can now be simultaneously refreshed and/or enabled from the Data Sources tab.
Full screen (TV mode) persists.
Release 32 - Focus on API updates and enhanced data source support.
Refreshing dynamic data sources in Google Adwords KlipStart Klips no longer results in an error.
Released our first public API.
Simplified Salesforce Connector provides faster and easier access to Salesforce reports via the API.
Improvements to indicators when controlled by a scalar - now applied to whole series.
Added Payment history to Account page.
Correct visibility of Klip Gallery in place for White Label partner’s Clients
Updated Connector and KlipStart Klips to reflect new AdWords API. (Google Deprecated prior API version).
Added support for Taleo as a data source. Bug Fixes
Updates to displaying Klip Properties.
Klip Gallery - Launched the ability to add over 60 pre-built Klips from 14 Services to your dashboard from a Gallery. Like KlipStart dashboards, you can follow the prompts and quickly add the Klip to your Dashboard.
Enhancement to MiniChart Bullet in Labels and Value Pairs. Changed the default tab layout to Custom to simplify drag-sizing your Klips without needing to change the Layout type first.
Library Data Source filter to focus on data sources in a Failed State. Objective to simplify administration and enhance ability to do mass queuing of data sources for refreshing. Updates
Improved PDF downloads.
Klipfolio supports updated Facebook API.
Connection Update:Facebook approvals are in motion. Some changes may still come.
Release 31 - Focus on new KlipStart for Google Adwords, usability, performance and bug fixes
New features and updates
Additional performance investments.
Release 30 - Focus on updates to data sources, components, security, payment system, usability and bug fixes
New features and updates
Additional enhancements related to security, more elegant error handling, and the payment system.
Release 29 Focus - Updates to data sources, API, bug fixes, enhacements to UI and performance
New features and updates
Stability and performance investments.
This set of enhancements focused on stability and performance fixes with updates to security, UI, and API logging.
October 17, 2014 - Release 28 Focus: New Payment System and Data Source Connectors
Added support for SAML 2 for secure single sign-on and integration with popular identity management services, Okta and OneLogin.
Data Source refresh error logs available for Data Sources in the Library (Data Source > Refresh Info).
Data Sources in a failed state will be checked periodically for longer periods before being disabled.
If SSO is enabled for the Parent account, SSO section in Account > Settings for Clients will not be available.
Added ‘spinner’ indicator to show when formulas are refreshing.
New Google AdWords connector.
New support for AWeber as a data source.
Smartsheet API update - leverage Smartsheet OAuth authentication.
comScore connector update - expose ability to use Reference Dates.
Google Analytics connector updated to reflect latest API version.
Added support for IBM DB2 in the SQL connector.
Updated support for Google WebMasterTools API v3
Added ability to get a data source size.
Improvements to role enforcement.
Introduced API Keys (go to My Profile page or Users to generate a key)
Update to the payment system with increased flexibility and better reporting. Now accepts American Express and Partners can use credit cards directly.
Enhancements to comScore connector.
More graceful error handling when creating data sources with the Web Accessible Resources connector.
“Add all tabs recommended to me” link now works as expected.
Updates to component tree in Klip Editor.
Results row alignment reflects column alignment.
Separator component works better with custom colors.
Tooltips correctly displayed for series with no name.
More easily access Function sidebar help from Klip Editor.
Corrected display for Pie Chart legends and cut off axis labels in select situations.
GROUP and GROUPBY functions treat empty set of values the same.
DATE_UNITVALUE now consistent with other date functions when using week unit.
Drill-down table components will retain their state when downloaded as image, or pdf or when using Share/E-mail.
More elegantly handle axis swapping.
More elegantly handle “&” in pie chart labels.
Improvements to API events in the event log.
Data Refresh / Dashboard / Klip updates:
Enhancements to formula monitoring to improve Klip/Dashboard updates.
Ongoing infrastructure investments and other ‘under the hood’ improvements to the API, application performance, stability, security, emailing, documentation and payment system.
July 23, 2014 - Release Primary Themes: Performance and Stability
- On July 22, Klipfolio upgraded to a new environment that required you to whitelist an additional IP address: 184.108.40.206. If you currently whitelist Klipfolio IP addresses, you must whitelist this new IP address to avoid service disruptions.
- For customers using custom domain aliases, please update your domain alias as advised in the Klipfolio support email from July 9th.
- Import enhancements:
- Improved messages to confirm successful import.
- Smoother import into clients.
- Ability to import Klips/Tabs using user properties.
- Performance improvements:
- Improved asset query performance through query optimization - this will impact a number of areas of Klipfolio and API calls, including when we provide lists of assets.
- Usability enhancements:
- The Array function now supports commas for improved performance by allowing the user to specify each cell separately. For example, ARRAY(A1, B1, C1, D1 data ).
- Management and Support improvements:
- An easier mechanism is now available for customers to give Klipfolio Customer Support access to their account for support purposes.
- Klip data cache can be enabled (enabled by default) or disabled by the account administrator.
- Data Sources:
- Added support for Github using our Web Accessible Resource connector and OAuth.
- Ongoing infrastructure investments and other ‘under the hood’ improvements to the API, application performance, stability, security and payment system.
- Improved alignment between GROUP and GROUPBY data sets.
- Performance enhancements to Table results rows.
- COUNTDISTINCT now returns correct values in all cases.
- Dashboard properties no longer show components that have been removed.
- Performance and reliability optimizations made to imaging process (including PDF generation) to improve scheduled e-mails
- Multiple instances of the same Klip/Tab-scoped variables treated as unique variables.
- Empty references removed from formulas when executed.
- Drilldown Klip does not become corrupted when dashboard errors occur.
- Klips containing errors do not result in dashboard corruption.
- Corrected mass data source delete error issue.
- Default values in components are not to be serialized.
- Improved gauge component when not using Klip cache.
- Maximum value on gauge component displays correctly.
- Value Pair property setting renders properly in mini-charts.
- Klips created by a partner in a client account can now be edited by Administrators for that client.
- Klip Editor shows Formula errors.
- User names that contain a comma now supported.
- Correctly display drill down tables in Klips with multiple components.
- Data Handling
- Dynamic data sources are properly tagged with the ‘is_dynamic’ property.
- Enhancements to Google Analytics Connector to address encoded semicolons before profile ID and to trim hidden characters from end of url.
- Google Drive data sources no longer show ‘unknown’ in Data Source Import wizard.
- Improved missing data handling for JSON data sources.
- Klips now always update to newest instance of dynamic data sources using multiple dynamic properties.
- Administrator in parent account can add Klip instances to tabs in Client.
- Datasource.blacklist client settings no longer accept invalid values.
- Dynamic data sources can be refreshed by instance instead of all. An error will occur if the user tries to refresh the dynamic data source instead of the instance.
- GET/POST/PUT/DELETE groups from client accounts now respect share rights.
June 10, 2014
- Drag and drop Klip creation
- Blank Klip: New Blank Klip as starting point for Klip building.
- Components Palette : New Components Palette in Klip Editor - contains a list of the components that you can use in your Klip.
- Controls Palette : New Controls Palette in Klip Editor - any controls relevant to the selected component, including add or remove data series, columns, rows, or ranges.
- New context menus for components in Klip Editor - includes copy and paste of components (within and between Klips!)
- Component Tree in Klip Editor shows more intuitive names for chart components and allows you to change names for components from within the tree using the new context menu.
- Any existing Klip can be the starting point for having multiple components
- Renamed “Value” component to “Value Pair” component.
- Presentation and Design Investments
- New Label component - a simple, flexible component for displaying text, numbers, and mini charts. The Label component is great for creating section headers and adding descriptions to Klips.
- New Layout Grid component : New Layout Grid component - position components within a flexible grid and give them specific widths.
- New Layout Panel : New Layout Panel - specify Layout Grid component cell width, height, padding, span, and alignment.
- New Separator component - useful for creating visual vertical or horizontal separation between components within a Klip.
- Style Enhancements
- Consistent component padding -- all components now have zero padding and controls are available in Klips and Layout Grid components to set padding.
- Table component border with padding - positioning treatment consistent with other components.
- Upgraded Image component - works better with the Layout Grid component and includes better controls for managing image scaling and adaptability to the width available to them.
- Enhanced Input Controls components - now scale horizontally to fit the width available to them.
- More intuitive approach to show/hide results rows in tables.
- Data Sources
- Searchmetrics : Added support for Searchmetrics with a new connector
- Updated OAuth Library UI - more in line with other library assets including filtering, sorting, paging, and mass delete.
- New Functions
- URLDECODE : Function for decoding URLs
- TEXT_REVERSE : Function to reverse the order of the characters in a string
- API enhancements related to data sources (including ability to ID and list all Klips using a specific data source), error handling, and client creation.
- Management enhancements, including sorted User Properties to simplify setting properties for a user or finding properties when referencing them in formulas.
- Other ‘under the hood’ improvements to the API, application performance, stability, security, and nested custom domains.
- Enhanced ARRAY to work with blanks.
- Sorting enhanced for GROUP and SORT functions when working with mixed case or fractions.
- REVERSE function updated to be consistent with individual strings
- Applied updates for styling, including:
Setting default font: Regular for new Table components; Bold for results rows (including custom results rows) Enhancing Charts: Pie Charts with no data show one slice with ‘no data’; Infinity values treated as zeros in Pie Charts; Mini-chart formats for labels use full component widths
- Enabled replacement of broken footer logos.
Drop-downs retain their selected values after navigating away/back to tab.
- IE 9: Corrected issue with increase/decrease buttons and browser no longer freezes when clicking in text field.
- Improved exception handling in mobile UI.
- Excel sheet names with commas now supported.
April 21, 2014
- New Google Drive connector : Uses files stored in Google Drive as data sources
- New Storing data at a custom location : Enabling a data store to retrieve data from a remote location
- Improved Google API-based data source stability
- Enhanced Scatter/Bubble charts with label support
- API enhancements related to data sources, client settings, and headers
- Other 'under the hood’ improvements to API, application performance, stability and security
- Added support for Bitly data
- Metadata for custom domains as part of white-label will no longer refer to Klipfolio
- Fixed issue with PDF when branding and white-label images are missing
- Pie Charts with maximum number of slices will display last slice instead of ‘Other’
- Fixed scheduled email error when associated user no longer exists
- Better management of User Input values that match variable names
- Unlocked users will now receive appropriate number of sign in retries
March 27, 2014
- Admins can now set user property values while adding new user
- New “See datasource warnings” permission - on by default for Editor and Admin roles - off for View Only or Custom roles
- See how many seats allotted to your account in the Billing section
- See full Company ID on SSO page
- E-mails will now look like they come from appropriate white-label hosts
- Added an explicit option for white-label customers to hide copyright information
- Added volume price discounts and easier add-on purchases
- Other ‘under the hood’ improvements to application performance, stability and security
- New functions:
- FLOOR - truncates a number instead of rounding
- POWER - allows creation of an exponential
- CUMULATIVE_DIFFERENCE - creates a cumulative difference value with default option to ‘ignore_first_value’ also allows, ‘use_first_value’ and ‘zero’
- LAST - return first n values in a list
- FIRST - return last n values in a list
- Newly supported data sources:
- Firebird SQL
- Dashboard gear icons no longer disappear when removing dashboards
- First dashboard can now be selected after being added without having to refresh browser
- Improved rendering of Series & Scatter charts
- Blank user-entered data and Selection User Input Controls recognized as an empty string, “”, instead of “null”
- Improved usability and consistency of various dialogs
- Gauge and Value Klips no longer cutting off text in custom layouts
- Variable values in embeds and scheduled emails now respect user selection
- Fixed an issue with sharing dashboards with users in multiple groups
- Added a scrollbar to Share Klips overlay, so that all Klips can be shared
- Added date picker for mobile
- Data source names now have tooltips for improved readability when truncated
- Fixed issue with Library page numbers in IE9
- OAuth token updates are now inherited by data sources using that OAuth token
- Allow removal of dashboards when logged into Client accounts as administrator
- Revised refresh algorithms to improve refresh timing for data sources with small refresh interval
- Klips with drill down table components now resize correctly on custom dashboard layouts
- Added support for text variables to be set to a default value in the Klip Editor
- Fixed connection issue in full screen mode
February 6, 2014
- Restrict dashboard access to trusted IP address ranges
- New function: SUBSTITUTE_REGEX (subsitute characters with support for regular expressions)
- Now display applicable roles on Users list
- Added asset import to/from clients via API
- SUBSTRING function now supports negative values (remove last x values from strings)
- comScore Digital Analytix connector now supports multiple sites
- Added PDF report option to prevent Klips from being split between pages
- Download report/image preferences saved across reports
- Use user properties in dynamic data sources
- Added VK (VKontakte) OAuth support
- Fixed an issue where Klips in full screen mode can lose their menu
- Fixed issue with guages not displaying correctly in the Klip Editor
- Klip sort is maintained after Klip edited
- Data source updates via API now update last refresh time
- HTML component will not re-acquire default HTML when cleared
- Table components set to "Show all rows" now update their heights in custom tab layouts
- Fixed a bug related to unsharing 'required' dashboards
- Fixed a problem with bar charts displaying negative values incorrectly with a custom range
- Fixed a problem with dashboard layouts when dragging a Klip from one dashboard to another
- Klips will now appear on mobile in a similar sort sort order as they do in a full size browser
- Addressed an issue with the COUNTDAYS function returning an unexpected value
- Improved email validation error display
- Improved report generation success rate for very complex/large dashboards
- Automated reports now do an extra data refresh before generation
- Sign in is now quicker
December 19, 2013
- Added support for Youtube Analytics via the Google Analytics connector.
- Added support for Google Webmaster.
- Admins can now see exactly what version of Klipfolio they are using.
- Fixed a problem with error messages on data sources.
- Errors for data sources with missing IDs are now only displayed for editors.
- Fixed a error parsing email addresses.
- Fixed a problem on mobile where input controls might display incorrect characters.
- User input controls now display labels instead of values on mobile devices.
- Email fields no longer cleared on form validation errors.
- Added some new help files.
- Fixed a problem with annotation icon position for read-only users.
- Fixed a problem where library filters were applied to other libraries in parent accounts.
- Library filters now cleared for new sessions.
- Klip content overflow is now hidden on dashboards.
- Fixed a problem adding Klips to dashboards from multiple pages in the library.
- Fixed some problems with blank dashboards using custom layouts.
- Hid some Klipfolio-specific content for white-label accounts and their clients.
- IE users no longer have to refresh their dashboards to see layout changes.
- White space is now preserved for editing Klip annotations.
- Improved support for tabs with custom layouts on mobile devices.
- Fixed an error some users were experiencing switching between template and custom dashboard layouts.
- Dashboard no longer scrolls to top when updated.
- Klips on custom dashboard layouts no longer use their custom heights on template dashboards.
- Fixed a problem where inherited CSS was not converting correctly.
- Fixed the return of an incorrect error message using the API.
- Addressed a problem with Klips disappearing while switching between custom and template dashboard layouts.
- Radial gauges now display proper background ranges if data is invalid.
December 2, 2013
- Custom dashboard layouts with user-defined number of columns.
- Klips on dashboards with custom layouts can be resized to span columns.
- Klips on dashboard with custom layouts can have heights larger than their contents.
- Epoch date picker now uses pre-defined time zones.
- Variables can now be set to dashboard scope.
- Permissions can now be controlled with permission group toggles.
- White-label customers can now define classes for Klips for custom CSS application.
- Find control for Users, Clients, Roles and Groups pages in the library.
- Significant performance improvements for dashboards and the library.
- Gauges now better handle dates in the Klip Editor.
- Email addresses can now be separated by semicolons in reporting UI.
- Embed preview now updates when editing name.
- Fixed an app error when using invalid parameters on embeds.
- Fixed error when using quotes in dashboard, Klip, and data source names.
- Fixed a boundary case where edited Klips might disappear from dashboards.
- Klips on template layout tabs now respect fixed Klip heights.
- Entering full screen mode via the view=fs parameter will now show dashboard name.
- Downloaded PDFs now show value instead of control for dropdown input controls.
- Fixed a problem with blank dynamic data sources.
- Fixed a problem with SSO sign out URLs.
- Firefox users can now download data sources with spaces in their names.
- Addressed an error when using SQL and dynamic data sources.
- Reserved legend space is collapsed when chart legend set to not show.
- Admins can now set a group description.
- Fixed a problem with the full screen mode menu button position.
- Box data source now uses Box API v2.
October 31, 2013
- Embed Klips on 3rd-party web pages. Read more
- Schedule email reports. Read more (Tabs) | Read more (Klips)
- New bubble chart type. Read more
- New single-sign-on (SSO) feature to provide dashboard access from a trusted application without having to enter their credentials. Read more
- New comScore Digital Analytix data source connector. Read more
- Added a role permission to control access to the embed feature.
- Added indicator support to duration-formatted data.
- Added indicator support to raw-formatted data.
- New option for Google Analytics connector: Get multiple pages of results.
- Added support for more special character types.
- White-labels: Use custom CSS on non-dashboard pages.
- Change visibility settings for dashboardss shared from the library.
- New, more descriptive tooltips for scatter plot charts.
- Formula evaluator now shows total number of rows.
- Klipfolio can now display messages to trials, admins and users.
- Fixed a problem for white-labels where custom logo would not appear on PDFs.
- Fixed a sort-order problem in tables with mini horizontal bar charts.
- Fixed a problem where an error ID in an error message was incorrect and unhelpful.
- Checkboxes and labels now connected on permissions screen.
- Addressed a group mislabeling issue when editing a user.
- Charts now draw faster.
- Pie chart legend text now less likely to overlap chart.
- Data sources now update automatically when viewing them in the library.
- Date picker input control is now time zone-sensitive when output is in epoch format.
- Formulas re-processed after client is idle.
- Fixed a problem with angled X-axis labels being cut off on charts.
- Fixed an error when large number of scatter plot components are used concurrently.
- Fixed a problem with average calculation on drill down Klips.
- Data sources now refresh on sign-in .
September 12, 2013
- New view-only user role.
- Create custom roles with extensive permission options.
- More activities added to event log.
- Added failed data source warnings to Klips list in Library.
- New format processor for handling large XLS files.
New Features for Partners
- Set client brand to sync with parent account brand.
- Customize 'My Dashboard' link.
- New user interface for client management.
- Corrected an issue with suffix/prefix affecting drill down.
- Updated and reinstated failed data source warnings on dashboards.
- Fixed a problem with column sorting on drill down Klips.
- Re-authorized Google OAuth tokens now picked up by data sources on update.
- Fixed issue where custom theme is overriden by default theme on downloaded PDFs.
June 27, 2013
- Download Klips as images, PDF files, or raw data in CSV format.
- Download tabs as images or PDF files.
- Email Klips as an image or PDF file to one or more email addresses.
- Email tabs as an image or PDF file to one or more email addresses.
- Security option to disable all export features for an account.
- Mini-chart component (sparkline) now supports:
- Multiple series per sparklines
- Custom "last value"
- Indicator support (change line, area, point, and bar colors based on thresholds)
- New configurable styles and ranges with new UI.
- Map component now supports:
- New mini chart data format for tables: Horizontal bar. Includes support for positive and negative values and indicators.
- Salesforce connector: New option to collect all results.
- Added support for Google Adsense via Google OAuth.
- Klips now auto-saved in the Klip Editor.
- Added revision history to Klip Editor.
- Restore a previous version of a Klip in the Klip Editor.
- Trials can now be automatically extended via a tweet.
- Drop-down lists in multi-component Klips on mobile now have a more defined "clickable" area.
- Drop-down lists component now shows current selection on mobile.
- JSON visualizer enhancement to better support selection of data.
- Primary account holder can now reset their password.
- Updated drill down to count text fields.
- Email data connector: Added support for
+for email addresses
- Box data sources can now be reconfigured.
- Dropbox data source now allows changing of access token on reconfiguration.
- Improved encoding of Google Analytics data to support special characters.
- Improved legibility of text on charts in the dark theme.
May 23, 2013
- New option in Klip Editor to show all rows of tabular data.
- Blank values now ignored in drilldown calculations for Average and Count.
- Images are checked for updates even when URL does not change.
- New XMLA Data Source Connector.
New Features for Partners
- Added OAuth support
- User property and dashboard scope variable no longer interfere with each other.
- Table visualizer: horizontal range selection fixed.
May 09, 2013
- New placeholder iframe for iFrame Component
- New placeholder HTML for HTML Component
- Broken image icon now shown when image url is not a valid image
- Additional currency symbol: Kuwaiti Dinar
New Features for Partners
- White-label partners can now hide help icons for non-admin clients.
- Added SMTP mail domain support.
- Removed more references to Klipfolio from various pages.
- Offline notice for white-label partners no longer refers to Klipfolio.
- HTML component scrollbar no longer visible when not needed.
- Table component with hidden columns no longer causes a scrollbar when the hidden data is longer than the visible data.
- GROUPBY updated to support JOIN in the method of the function
- Using hyperlinks with 'reuse' attribute now sets dropdown list value correctly in tab.
- Results row now ignores first row of data if using first row as column headers.
- Windows phones now use mobile UI by default.
- Overlay to share a dashboard now allows user to scroll to the bottom of the list.
- Indicator action to “Change Background Color” now changes the entire cell background not just the background behind the text in the cell.
- Warnings icon showing red but not linking to data source issue resolved.
- Updated assets for whitelabel no longer keep their old file name
April 25, 2013
- Multi-level drill down for table component Klips.
- On-dashboard notifications for Klips with failed data sources.
- New email data connector: Send email attachments to update data sources.
- New option for FTP/SFTP connector: Passive Mode
- New date picker user input control type (see: User Input Control component).
- New width settings for user input control components.
- Image component now starts with a placeholder.
- Klip, dashboard, and data source info pages in Library now split into simpler sub-pages.
- Updated indicator icons with retina/high resolution display support.
- Admins can now set dashboard visibility during share process.
- New indicator formatting options for results rows in table components.
- Client overview list now includes information on seats used by the client.
- Indicator colors now adapt to current theme.
- Added 2 new maps to map component: World by Region and APAC.
- Added Foursquare support (via OAuth)
- New formula node 'Option' to pick from fixed text-based arguments.
- New options for determining number of rows to display for table components.
New and Updated Functions
- MAP and SET
- New date functions, including COUNT_DAYS, DATE_CLOSEST, DATE_SET and 6 more.
- Updated DATE, DATEVALUE, and DATERANGE functions.
- Hidden columns no longer create thick borders and move content out to right in IE and Firefox.
- Duration data format now works with alignment settings.
- Box data sources now get default names when created.
- Variable values with apostrophes no longer cause formula execution errors.
- Overlays now display correctly in IE10.
- Klip editor window now displays variables with spaces correctly in multi-component Klips.
March 27, 2013
- Set dashboards to be automatically added to group users’ accounts.
- Set tabs to be unremovable from group users’ accounts.
- Users added to groups will inherit group dashboard visibility settings.
- Control order that dashboards appear for new users in multiple groups.
- Manage group rights to assets from within the group’s properties.
- Added support for re-authenticating OAuth tokens.
- Share multiple Klips, dashboards and data sources from the Library at the same time.
- Moving Average: Simple, Cumulative and Exponential
- Fixed a problem preventing Klip source code editing in IE8.
- Klip Editor now stays in place when you enter a literal value.
- Variable names with numbers supported.
- Infinity in a data series is now treated as a blank value.
- Corrected width calculation when adding/removing label to text field input component in Klip Editor.
- Importing dasboards that both contain a copy of a Klip now adds the Klip correctly to both dashboards.
- Removed sign in field auto-complete restriction.
- Fixed some inverted chart alignment issues.
- Fixed a problem in IE10 where dashboards were not being drawn correctly.
March 05, 2013
- New data connector: Adobe SiteCatalyst (formerly Omniture SiteCatalyst) reports
- Change sparkline colour in Mini Chart component
- Indicator icon can now be displayed with indicator text change
- Regression line now working again for scatter plots
- Spline charts now support stacking of lines and area
February 13, 2013
- New indicator reactions (see How to use indicators)
- Replace with text
- Change text style
- Changed active dashboard limit to 60
- Added keyboard shortcuts to cycle through dashboards (Ctrl + > and Ctrl + <)
- Added a menu to navigate to specific dashboard (when more than 10 dashboards present)
- Google Analytics. Users can now import a simple query into advanced query mode on demand
- Added support for x-wsse auth options in web accessible resource connector
- Added OAuth token support for SurveyGizmo
- Can now click on sparkline in workspace preview to select sparkline component
- Can now use the "delete" key to delete a literal in a formula
- Undo/redo buttons in Klip Editor are now enabled only when there is something to undo/redo
- Admins can now delete assets from library info pages
- Resolved issue where data could not be clicked on in Klip Editor formula in IE8
- Special characters, such as “&”, now supported in Dropbox file names
- OAuth support for Desk.com has been temporarily removed until issues with it can be resolved.
January 23, 2013
- Import Klips, dashboards and data sources from a client or parent account to another client account. Learn more...
- Users can now add all dashboards recommended to them with one click.
- More characters appear on tab names before truncation.
- Users can migrate previously defined variables to be user-scoped variables.
- Now set indicator colors on charts.
- New chart series reuse some of the previous series properties by default.
- Support for left/right/center justification.
- Add support for Raw data format.
- JSON support for arrays in arrays.
- Klip moving changed to prevent users from mistakenly moving Klips on tablet devices.
- Fixed problem with olumn header alignment when using fixed width columns and a scrollbar.
- Customer maps: width and height now defaults to "px" if no unit is specified for the uploaded custom map SVG files.
- Negative numbers for values handled for the map component.
- Data source automatically added to the work space if a data pointer for it is selected in a formula.
- Numeric data set to type text now displays all the decimal digits in the number.
January 7, 2013
- Move Klips between dashboards with drag and drop.
- Create a new dashboard by dragging a Klip to the new dashboard icon.
- Added support for x-axis range in scatter charts.
- Delete more components from component trees.
- Undo/redo for formula editing.
- More format options for Format: Duration.
- Added more "show Nth label" options for x-axis of charts.
- New series chart style: points-only.
- Allow users to remove variables from the variable list.
- Added control to allow user to specify comma treatment for numbers and currency.
- The user-scoped variables can be set to other values in the Klip Editor to allow for testing and debugging.
- Item index and total number of items returned are now shown in the evaluate window.
- New Box data source connector.
- Smartsheet OAuth token added.
- Added 2 hours and 12 hours to data source refresh rate options.
- Added epochTime as date range format.
- After viewing a read-only dashboard and then switching to an empty dashboard you created the add a klip button is now visible.
- Pie chart legend with many entries no longer disappears above top of Klip.
- The last x-axis value is not cut off when format: date/time in a chart.
- Scrollbar in table klips no longer cuts off right column.
- Improved handling of values shown on a series when the values are at the top of the y-axis range.
- Malformed indicators no longer blank out a Klip.
- Pie chart tooltips no longer cut off when using long data labels.
- Resolved Pie Chart issue where some series might not be shown.
- New charts default x-axis range to start at 1 when there is no data used for the x-axis.
- x-axis in charts updated to respond to user-input variable data.
- Resolved IE8 issue with charts not showing correctly after being edited.
- When creating a data source, data on from is kept when a new OAuth token is created.
- Support for negative gauge values.
- Support for infinity in a gauge by showing the gauge arm at the 0 position.
- Corrected pie chart tooltip positioning.
- Corrected point labels positioning to be relative to point and line size in a line chart.
- Browser resize no longer forces Dashboard page to scroll to the top.
- Updated indicators so that if the predicate comparison is blank, when picking an operator, the predicate is prefilled with 0.
- Ctrl-Click now works on all header links.
- Updating a database data source no longer resets the refresh rate.
- Klip Developer:
- Map: Hyperlink component now remains visible when set to "Open in same dashboard ".
- Date values now automatically trigger the format to be date.
- If the map's range start color and end color are the same, the map regions are colored the start color.
- Function SORT on blank data now works with "ASC" or "DESC" sort type.
- SLICE greater than the maximum number of values now returns to the end of the array.
- "Leave gaps for blanks" in charts now works if format is %.
- Wrapping the function IF around an existing formula now works correctly.
November 15, 2012
- All charts have been migrated to a new charting library.
- Pie Chart: New donut option; custom slice colors; labels on chart; tooltips; dynamic legend position.
- Bar/Line/Area Series Chart: Percent stack; multi-axis; invert axes; tooltips; custom colours; point style; line style; axis style; label drop; sort order.
- New Scatter Plot: Multi-series; regression line; tooltips; custom colors.
- Custom user properties (available as variables) that can be injected into the dashboard at the user scope
- New data format: Raw (does not apply any formatting or processing to data to allow for html formatting directly from the data source)
- New data format: Duration
- OAuth support for
- Google +
- Klips shared status corrected in share dashboard edit window.
- Radian 6 data source type shows as Radian 6
- Gauges now render on mobile devices
- Gauges render properly when multiple gauges of different sizes are in the Dashboard.
- Logging out of mobile interface now redirects back to login page.
- Replaced "Infinity" with infinity symbol.
- Klip Developer:
- Variable name input field will now prevent users from entering invalid variable names.
- Set Font size of custom results row by default.
- Can now click on a custom result row component.
- Reference values used in bar charts now show up with the correct column name in formulas.
- GROUPBY and DATEVALUE updated to work with Blank data.
- _default_ case in SWITCH updated to support a vector of data.
- Customer Event log now sorted by most recent as the default sort order
October 24, 2012
- Specify amount of time tabs are displayed onscreen in full-screen mode (per user).
- Performance improvements.
- Library lists now split up into multiple pages, loading faster.
- Select and delete multiple Klips, Dashboards, or Data Sources at the same time.
- Add multiple Klips to your dashboard at the same time.
- Library list sorting and filtering now persists.
- Library lists can be sorted by any column.
- Admins can view event logs for all account events.
- Customers with white labeling can specify a no-trial version of sign in screen.
- Add multiple color range backgrounds to gauge components.
- Gauges now animate into position.
- New option to hide Y axis in bar and line charts.
- New Input Control component type: Text Field
- Wider, more usable HTML template text editor.
- XML and JSON data sources truncated (with option to show all) for improved performance.
- Data Sources can now be shared during creation.
- Added "Does not contain" as an indicator operator.
- New functions: SWITCH, SELECT, DATASOURCE
- Updated functions: AND and OR
- Fixed issue where all data sources look like they are shared to the admin user.
- Fixed problem where some users signed out when in full-screen mode.
- Links now truncate with ellipses.
- Blank cells in data now handled in correctly in calculations.
- JSON data source array elements no longer show up as "false".
- Improvements to xpath array index specification.
- Referencing other columns in a calculation now treats the reference column as a discrete value.
- Support for setting reference columns when saving a copy of a Klip.
- Variables now default to tab scope on creation.
- Horizontal scroll bar no longer appears in full screen mode at zoom:175%.
- Resizing a Klip in workspace no longer assigns it an explicit height.
- Formula editor operator buttons reordered and tool tips added.
- Fixed issue where results row with custom formula can get corrupted.
- Support added for empty password when using Basic HTTP Authentication.
- Auto-refresh in full-screen mode no longer resets Dashboard selection.
- Added support for evaluating a reference column.
- "Save Changes" in Klip editor now trigger Klip instances on dashboards to update.
- Fixed rendering of advanced controls in Web Accessible Resource data source connector UI.
- Fixed problem some users experienced when changing their password.
- Klip editor variable values override dashboard values (to make testing easier).
- Variable editor now pre-selects last adjusted variable.
- Parentheses automatically added to certain functions (eg. IF).
October 16, 2012
- Significant dashboard rendering performance improvements.
- Improved rendering performance of HTML components.
September 13, 2012
- Resize Klip in Klip Editor preview
- Define and use variables in formulas
- Reference data from one component in another's formula
- Evaluate selected formula parts
- Attach data sources to Klips even if not used in formulas
- New 'Insert Right' in formula bar
- Expanded color palette
- Custom colors in color palette
- Set start and end colors in a map component range
- Set colors for text in table and value components
- New formula bar layout
- New Radian6 Connector
- PostreSQL Driver added to database connector
- Added the option to colour the cell background
- Updated colour picker overlay with more options and custom colour support
- Ability to upload excel files with previously unsupported functions.
- Fixed column header alignment issues on mobile
- Pie chart legend fixed to not cover pie when two or more instances exist
- IE8: Menu buttons no longer shif up on press
- Dashboard Klips now positioned/sized correctly in non-full-screen IE9
- Updated SSH tunnel to use hosts other than localhost
- HTML component issues in IE8 resolved
- Back buttons in Data Source creation flows behave more consistently
- Klip name and column header presentation has more contrast for improved legibility
- Partners: Klip in Klip editor now gets whitelabel widgetName
August 3, 2012
- Allow users to specify header parameters in the REST connector
- Allow users to specify POST requests in the REST connector
- New SFTP/FTP Connector
- Partner white label: sharing rights for clients
- "Resend Invite" now shows green message indicating invite was sent.
- "Line Format" properties now supported for format: sparkline
July 25, 2012
- New Klip Editor with resizable regions
- New formula bar
- New tool for selecting common XPath expressions
- Support for custom XPath
- More compact formula presentation
- Visual guides for formula parts
- Save Klip in Klip Editor without exiting
- New Klip Editor keyboard shortcuts
- Klips animate when their data updates
- Update animation can be disabled across all Klips or Klip-by-Klip
- New Iframe component type
- New HTML component type with multi-dimensional data support
- LinkedIn support (through web-accessible resource connector)
- New functions: URLENCODE, SORT, RANK, COUNTIF, SUMIF
- Not Equal To available in formula bar
- Old thresholds migrate to new indicators system
- Admins can enable/disable "Getting Started" links
- Last Refresh date shown on Klip info pages
- Added map of Canada to map component
- Support for epoch time in data source date expressions
- Fixed problems with some Klips not appearing on mobile
- Fixed problem with columns dropping on mobile
- Fixed problem where Klip might get corrupted on "Save Copy"
- Fixed problem where chart may be blank
- Pie chart legends won't disappear under some circumstances
- DATE function now includes support for time
- Annotations now support more than 255 characters
- Improved support for apostrophes in variable values
- Overlays stay visible at different browser zoom levels
- Users who have annotations can now be deleted
- Performance improvements to "Add Klip" panel on dashboard
- Text wraps more legibly in news component
- Admins can now more reliably change emails for users
- Incorrect theme doesn't flash while dashboard loading
- Klips now update more reliably on mobile
June 18, 2012
- New gauge styles: vertical; arc; semicircle; and 3/4 circle.
- Added indicator support to gauges.
- New Salesforce connector for using SOQL to retrieve data from Salesforce.
- Uploaded logo files are automatically applied to all configurations.
- Partner Branding: Partners can use different logos for dashboards and libraries.
- Option to suppress "Value" from Map component tooltips.
- Tab menu option "Link to this Tab" added with permalink.
- Klip menu option "About Klip" added to take user to Klip's info page.
- New function: LOOKUP
- New functions: RIGHT / LEFT
- New Function: SUBSTITUTE
- Theme switcher and other buttons easier to use on tablets.
- New example Klips for trial accounts.
- Added annotations with instructions on how to build new example Klips.
- Added OAuth support for salesforce.com.
- Partner white label: "Klip" and "Klipfolio" can be replaced in all help files.
- Data in right-most column in table components no longer gets hidden by scrollbar.
- Partner White Label: Updated Klip menus to use widgetName.
- Depracated threshold control hidden for number formats.
- Removed visible HTML from Library item tooltips.
- DATE now handles the new Google Analytics date format.
- In a table Klip "use column as first row" no longer shows first row of data in Klip content.
- Chart legend that is more than one row no longer overlaps chart content.
- User last login date now being correctly recorded.
- Improved support for Excel files when using REST connector.
- Map tooltips no longer "ghost" when hyperlink is clicked.
- Map component supported in IE8.
- Results row now appears in Klip Editor when first set to be used.
- Extra white space removed from tables.
- Charts now update in preview when turning on/off "Show value" feature.
- JSON visulizer values of true or false now render correctly in the tree.
- Table component preview in Klip Editor updates more reliably when clearing formulas.
- Asset info pages are now more consistent.
- New colours for gauges on dark themes.
- "Edit Klip" and "Edit Klip Workspace" has been renamed to "Klip Editor".
- Fonts on charts are now consistent with other components.
- Link to new video for trial users.
June 6, 2012
- Big improvements to table performance
- Fixed problems with variable support in Klip titles and tab names
- Tab performance improvements
- New users redirected to dashboard after setting password
May 31, 2012
- Swipe support on PlayBook
- Added more tab layouts
- Resolved IE issues with image scaling
- Added a "Save Changes" dialog to workspace
- Updated Chart drawing functionality to improve performance
- Support for multiple custom maps in a Dashboard
- Removed box covering iPad tabs when a tab is selected
- Link enabled headline Klips now look like links
May 25, 2012
New Features for Customers
- New Map component with maps for world, Europe, USA, and Germany
- Data sources that are not refreshing due to remote error are now highlighted in Library
- Users can now re-enabled disabled data sources (disabled due to too many failed refreshes)
- Added help links and files for more parts of the Edit Klip workspace
- Added support for more currency symbols
- Clickable images now look clickable when using pointer
- Added custom formula support to results row
- Added links to data sources used in a Klip from the Klip info page
- Added time zone support for dates in data source specifications
- Added new tab layouts
- New option to Select All when sharing Klips in a Tab and Tabs to Groups
- Admin-level users can now manage all library assets
- Search through help files from help sidebar
New Features for Partners
Contact us or call 1-877-233-6149 to find out more about becoming a partner.
- Add/edit/delete client accounts
- Automatically sign in to client accounts for setup and administration
- Set up domain aliasing for their account and their client accounts
- Rename the application and Klips
- Rebrand the sign in and all sign in-related screens
- Upload custom CSS to rebrand the dashboard
- Upload custom favicon
- Rebrand all emails sent by system
- Upload images to Klipfolio's servers
- Change the footer logo on all screens
- Updated tables render better on mobile
- XML selection now highlights and xpath persists in Klip workspace
- Chart line no longer disappears on mouse over
- Negative excel currency values treated correctly in the application
- Excel negative number formatting of () handled by application
- Hitting enter no longer removes the "find" filter for Data sources, Klips, Tabs
- On database data source reconfigure the ds name is not overwritten
- Major links for Library, Users, My Dashboard are underlined
- Chart legend set above chart content
- Removed multiple datasource queries on preview and refresh
- Numerical sorting of data with commas now works
- X-axis support of date/time format
- Use first name and last name in invite email instead of email address
- First run links at top of dashboard are removed when the user clicks them
- In library, data sources, database DS type now shows proper icon
- Deleting a Klip with sorting fixed
- When entering text in a literal node spaces are no longer rendered as
- Changing a data source refresh rate takes effect immediately now
- Default for format: sparkline changed to line+area
- The lock out warning on users list changed to be a link
- Pie chart legend no longer overlaps charts
- Improved chart axis spacing and padding
- Improved xpath visualization selection in Edit Klip workspace
- Fixed resize issue on Data Sources tab in Library
- Removed some data properties that aren't applicable from the Edit Klip workspace
- Added support for more than 200 sheets in Google Spreadsheets
- Improvements to table column sorting
- Improved user experience switching between property tabs in the workspace
- Help shortcut links can now be closed without having to click through on them
- Fixed a problem when adding a second data source to a Klip
- Help button in full screen mode is now a toggle
- Fixed a problem with sign in from the app to Uservoice
April 24, 2012
- Tooltips to show full tab name on hover over of tab name.
- Annotation icon now shows up on right of Klip for use only Klips
- Can scroll left and right in workspace when large number of data sources used.
- Y-axis padding fixed to be consistent for all charts.
April 13, 2012
- Reconfiguring a web accessible data source now remembers the authentication settings
- Users can now leave annotations for Klips on read-only tabs
- Updates to Help content
- Removed text formatting when using mini chart or image format
April 10, 2012
- Klip annotations. Share comments about Klips.
- Conditions can now be applied to bullet chart format
- Show values on bar and line charts
- Download data source from data source info page
- Fixed a problem where table components had blank rows
- Overlays can now be closed by clicking outside of them
- You can now replace blank values in formulas
- Mini charts now use 100% of a column's width
- Chart Klips won't go blank when IDs duplicated
- Sorting options work better for data sources and tabs in the library
- Fixed a visibility problem with threshold message
- Fixed problems with the conditions overlay and browser scrolling
- Fixed a problem where upload data sources could erroneously report being updated
- Second predicate in conditions system now gets set right away
- Live view Klip preview now more consistent with dashboard view
- Most chart axis padding issues resolved
- Fixed some number format problems with Y axis on charts
- Fixed image overlays in IE8
- Fixed conditions overlays in IE8
- Klip titles don't appear under buttons
- Chart axis numbers now default to 'clean' values.
- "Full site" on mobile devices now uses more screen real estate
- New table Klips in the workspace have rows by default
March 26, 2012
- Save a copy of Table Klip with indicators no longer causes corruption
- Fixed problem where Google Spreadsheet Connector sometimes fails to get sheet data
- Prevented chart Klips from displaying blank charts when copied
- Reduced chances for "Messages from Web" in IE8
- Sybase Database connector available
March 9, 2012
- Provide a UI to let users add indicators to components
- New function: CONCAT
- Developer can set column/subcomponents as hidden
- Table component totals/results row
- Data Connector: 2 step authentication
- Bullet chart format
- Add range controls to minichart components and minichart formats
- Charts in table now fill 100% cell width
- Support option to display values on chart
- When entering a literal in formula, field is pre-populated to previous entry
- Dropbox file navigator doesn’t work in Firefox
- Share presentation in Library inconsistent among assets
February 29, 2012
- Security feature: password strength
- Security feature: password length
- Security feature: option to lock user out after failed sign in attempts
- X and Y axis formats and properties
- Support label rotation option on X/Y axis on charts.
- Allow line/bar chart Y axis to display decimal values
- function: CONTAINS
- Data Connector: Dropbox
- Data Connector: Database w/ SSL tunnel
- Add last sign in date/time to users list
- Allow admins to find and unlock locked out users
- Library lists: Show if an asset owned by active user is shared
- Library lists: Collapse elegantly
- Library lists: Dates displayed in friendlier format
- Show sharing rights on asset info pages
- Add two-factor authentication support to REST connections
- Date Format Properties: Add Prefix / Suffix
- Change REST connector authentication UI to make more auth types fit better
- Sparkbar support
- Tab permalinks
- New format: hyperlink
- Set image dimensions for Image URL formatted data
- Click on resized images in tables for expanded view
- Dashboards print with more appropriate formatting
- Set columns as hidden (from the edit Klip workspace)
- “Use first row” option column name not updated until save
- Series charts: Chart not redrawing when dashboard layout changes (using layout panel)
- Bar gauge can fail to draw when changing layout (using layout panel)
- Updating an excel data source the Klips using it do not get updated.
- Create Klip Flow: Clicking on DS name can take you to DS info page
- When entering a literal in formula, field is pre-populated to previous entry
- Handling non-uniform data sources
- Format: sparkline in table klip doesn’t render for currency and % data
- Choosing wrong data source when building a new Klip, and the backing out and reselecting, breaks flow
- Function: GROUPBY should also handle strings
- Data source can fail to update when a new version of data is pushed
- Application error when saving (via create) klip with long desc
- On tab layout change, gauge Klip can render incorrectly
- Tabs are displayed before data is loaded for smoother loading experience
- Added support for CMYK logos
- Performance optimizations for table components
- Firefox now uses Websocket
- Performance improvements on iOS and Android tablets
December 14th, 2011
- Use Facebook as a data source
- New date functions (NOW, TODAY, DATE, DATEVALUE)
- New library UI with filtering and sorting
- New Add Tab panel UI with filtering and sorting
- More flexible simple thresholds
- Tables: column border control
- Tables: Option to hide column headers
- Links to video and help files for first-time users
- Control font brightness
- Control font style
- Admins can now change their own email addresses
- Users can now set sharing rights on Klip save
- Added COUNTDISTINCT functions
- Option to render negative currency values with (#)
- Fixed some layout inconsitencies in the workspace
- Fixed Safari and Chrome rendering issues on Mac OS X
- IE8 users now default to the latest renderer
- Fixed tooltip bug in library
- Added tooltips to table controls in workspace
- Fixed a problem with multiple data sources using multiple sheets
- Background colours between dashboard and brand options now match
November 14th, 2011
- Replace the Klipfolio logo with your own
- Stacked bar data with blank cells causes blank chart
- Add series to stacked bar and chart disappears
- Deleting a user with oauth tokens causes issues
November 2nd, 2011
- Support for dates in data sources.
- Utility to transform date formats.
- Added Facebook OAuth support.
- Data source REST API now supports GET operations to download data.
- Added encoding support for uploaded files.
- New default tab and Klips for first-time users.
- Added minimum password length security setting.
- Admins can now cancel future payments.
- Added support for Excel sheet selection.
- Klips with undefined titles take on their save names by default.
- Equal operator can now test non-numeric data
- Deleting user with OAuth tokens no longer results in an error.
- Improved handling of XML encoding.
- Fixed error when reconfigured data source saved.
- Fixed rendering issue of news components when loaded in duplicate.
- Fixed problem with sharing combo box in IE.
- Improved UI for adding seats to paid accounts.
- Slower full screen mode tab rotation.
- Image URL columns now sort.
- Improved data selection by click-dragging in visualizer.
- When selecting previously defined formula elements, visualizer now adapts to show the selected data context.
- Negative percentages now handled as negative in calculations.
- Column headers don’t forget sort style after editing.
- Footer now shown in full screen mode.
- Improved PlayBook support.
- Days remaining now appears in full screen mode.
- Admins can sign in after trial over and purchase license.
- New help home panel.
- Improvements to the advanced settings UI on file upload.
- Icon tweak in formula bar.
- Updated help files.
- Scrollbars hidden in Klips when in fullscreen mode with tab rotation.
- Improved Klip rendering on Klip information pages.
- Added second optional boolean parameter to MODE function.
- Fixed some IE rendering issues with tabs.
- Imroved UI of bar at the top of all pages.
- ‘Other’ category in pie charts now respects formatting
- Improved handling for Excel files with more than 26 columns
- Improved action of Save button in tab sharing modal.
- Various improvements to purchase flow.
- When adding user, first field now in focus.
- Improved bar chart presentation.
September 23rd, 2011
- Table column sorting updated to persist across sessions and tabs
- Allow threshold values to appear red if above a certain value
- Manage case of ‘too many tabs’ to display on one line
- Sub-components in the news component wrap when they don’t need to
- Numeric data with commas does not sort correctly
- Keyboard Nav stops working if you delete a node to the left of “data”
- Decrease default padding between bar charts
- User (not owner) has “use and edit” permissions to tab is told tab is updated by another user when they update tab
- Splice – index and count are reversed
- Concurrency error when saving reconfigured data source
- Add tab to empty dashboard and no tab menu shows up until refresh
- Can’t see all data sources in list when adding a data source in workspace
- Many tabs caused layout confusion
- Insert function can only be applied to first entry in Array
September 12th, 2011
- User interface to help user share tabs and Klips more easily
- Add Klip panel on Dashboard enhanced for ease of navigation
- Better function list layout
- Tab instances automatically update users when tab changes
- Klip instances automatically update users when Klip changes
- Users’ profile pages enhanced to show groups they belong to
- Custom range for y-axis of chart
- Bar mini-chart supported
- Win/loss mini-chart supported
- Pie Chart with duplicate value causes legend to have duplicate entries when sorted
- Max or Min with blank cell data gets an error
- Use and edit klip shows up as use only in shared tab
- Previously shared tab still shows up for user
- Mixed text and numeric data causes empty table klip
- Sparkline klip workspace can get confused
- Sparkline last value label not forcing klip to adjust its height
- Changing layout causes chart content to disappear
- Sparkline renders incorrectly when layout changes
- Stacked bar chart seems to increase y axis but not stacked bars to match
- Max legend rows for pie chart changes to default when sort option is changed
- Should be able to set the y-axis to start at 0.
- Adding a user does not work in Internet Explorer 8
- Cannot specify blank image with blank data
- Adding a Klip to a tab should synchronize with all other connected instances of that tab
- The “Add Data Source” modal should look like the “Pick a Data Source” modal
- Default chart grid has duplicate numbers in y-axis
- Y-axis seems confused if there are less than 5 y-axis values
August 19th, 2011
- New image component settings
- Insert column relative to selected column in table Klips
- Data source not shared but still visible when you edit a shared klip
- Full-size line charts
- Full-size bar charts
- Token management for OAuth
- New sign in screen for unregistered users
- Save As for Klip in workspace
- More sidebar help files
- Higher upload file size limit
- Performance: uploading a column of data from a large spreadsheet takes forever
- Sparkline component: “display last value” gets turned on by changing its properties
- Min and Max on data that has $ or % in raw data does not compute
- Can’t delete oAuth token once created
- There is no way to add or removed sharing of OAuth token once created
- Numeric data with commas does not sort correctly
- Klip page headers on mobile have descenders cut off
- Vector data with blanks in it computes forever
- Sparkline component doesn’t handle excel $ or % data
- Pie chart: currency data treated as 0.
- Dashboard layout can be lost on refresh under certain conditions
- Klip positions can move on tab switch
- Format auto-detection guesses wrong with URLs & other noisy data
- IE defaults to dark theme
- Pie charts must sort values
- Currency column in Table Klip ignores alignment setting
- Cookie with REST URL not being cleared properly
- Padding added to the right of each column of Klips on dashboards after time passes
- Series chart: user should be able to use data that contains currency symbols
- Series chart: negative values not displayed
- Series charts: Height control doesn’t match state
- Should validate your address email explain why it is necessary to do so?
- Update to the “not shared” message on Klip, Tab and Datasource view pages
- Sign in page refreshes
- Reconfiguring a oAuth data source renames the data source
- Decrease default padding between bar charts
- Sparklines with JOIN function rendering off-screen
- Series of numbers should appear as comma separated values in label components
- Make library “Create” buttons stronger
- Filter/sort settings lost when going from accounts list to an account page and then back
- Put field in focus when selecting free text in formula bar
- Column names in tree in workspace shouldn’t say “False”
- Series chart should start with a visible axis
- Series charts: Add / remove series buttons not clear.
- Series charts: Update points selection UI for line properties
August 8th, 2011
- Users can now delete their own accounts
- Google docs/spreadsheets connector
- New home screen icon for iOS devices
- New support for running as an app on iOS
- Added keyboard navigation for formula creation and editing
- Text is now being truncated in components
- Klips and components now respect the width of browser and adapt to it
- Added date range parameters to REST requests
- Updated help content
- Added help videos
- Added JOIN support for more components
- Warning dialog appears when leaving edit Klip workspace without saving
- Added control for column widths
- Mobile: Iphone: Improved pie chart formatting
- Mobile: iphone: Switching between landscape and portrait no longer confuses images
- Mobile: Iphone: Changing a Klip no longer causes blank screen
- Pie Chart: Better handling for many slices
- Pie Chart: Addition of “Other” when too many slices to display
- Pie Chart legend gets shorter there are less values
- Fixed function with unfilled parameters “updating….” spinning forever
- Formulas no longer turning optional parameters into required
- Fixed problem with MOD function
- Fixed a problem where data not being updated automatically under certain conditions
- Fixed error adding 2nd user under certain conditions
- Wrap function no longer replacing instead of wrapping
- Wrap function no longer changes function parameters
- Replacing a function no longer causes the formula bar to show in red
- Fixed a browser refresh issue
- Klip toolbar mouseout color no longer persists after switching themes
- Fixed problem with Sparkline component in workspace
- Fixed issues relating to uploaded xlsx files causing an application error
- Fixed layout issues when app used on displays that are 1024×768
- Fixed hover state problems with Klip toolbars
- Refresh rate control moved to more accessible location in UI
- Reduced padding on left/right of main UI when on tablets
July 18, 2011
- Support for OAuth for data sources
- Simple data source authentication
- Formula insertion points
- Column re-ordering in the workspace
- TV mode for Dashboard
- Dark theme for Dashboard
- Klip source editor
- New Functions
- Add link to API docs during data source creation wizard
- GROUPBY function should accept a string formula as its third parameter
- Revoke klip sharing rights – klip should be removed from users dashboards
- Shared data source does not have refresh now option
- Automatically refresh page every two hours
- Wrap in function does not turn off
- Gauges can be hard to read
- Updated help text
June 28, 2011
- JSON format supported as a data source.
- Added Count functions: COUNT, COUNTNumeric, COUNTBlank.
- Added Aggregate functions: Aggregate, AggregateBy.
- Prepopulate “Format As” based on selected data.
- Long formula bar handling.
- Prefix and Suffix support.
- New style for Klips, tabs, and other UI elements
- Issue with header row showing twice when scrolling.
- Cancel an upload of an invalid data source causes a grails error.
- Setting up a data source from “add another data source” causes error.
- Sparkline format options modified to be more clear.
- Cancel button on “Name your data source” screen changed to cancel entire wizard.
- Set a max width for literal string representation in formulas.
- Klips not being added to top left position from library or workspace save.
- Back from klip create window takes you to choosing data source dialog.
- Long description for Klip causes grails error.
- Help panel rendering looks broken on pages with scroll bars.
- Rename a tab and gear shows on top of name.
- The + to add a tab can disappear behind tab label.
- Data source sharing settings not reflected on data source info page.
- Don’t allow tab to be renamed to blank.
- Add file upload limit to simple_rest.
- Deleting a group with sharing rights associated with it causes error.
- Workspace table component: column headers don’t show if no scroll bar.
- Klip with “Use first row of CSV or Excel data” issues.
- Xml file upload does not work if file has no extension.
- Display status message after updating tab share rights.
- User should be able to position cursor with a click while editing tab name (on tab).
- Show a different gear menu image (as opposed to the hover blue one) for all Klips on editable tabs.
- If Trial Users group exists, set it as the default (selected) choice during new user creation.
- Klip gear menu stays open when clicking on another klip gear.
June 10, 2011
- Support for default tabs when creating a group.
- Tab sharing (“use” and “use and edit original”) supported. Tab sharing “Use a copy” obsoleted.
- Internet Explorer support improved and login warning removed.
- Support for Mobile Full Version link.
- Enhancements to Live View.
- Support for “Wrap Text” property.
- Enhanced messaging when creating users and groups.
- “All Users” group renamed to “Trial Users”.
- Welcome and Examples tabs are default tabs for Trial Users group.
- Klip positions maintained on refresh.
- Datasource modal list shows correct list of shared datasources.
- Close added to formula bar.
- Additional information messages added after user operations.
- Support for Gauge klip without a max value.
- Update example klips.
May 30, 2011
- Support for “forgot password” on a mobile device.
- Error notification if data source cannot be processed on creation.
- Error notification for invalid login on a mobile device.
- Enhancements to image sizing in image klip.
- Klips not shared to a user will not show up in their tab.
- Data tab in Workspace shows selected when selelcted.
- Changes to layout of login screen for mobile devices.
- Sign out link on mobile device supported.
- Property tweaks for sparkline and pie chart klips.
- Formula enhancements.
May 20, 2011
- Company panel under Account operational.
- When a klip is edited or saved, the Klip is removed from any tab whose user no longer has share rights.
- Forgot Password support.
- Connectivity improvements.
- If there are no tabs and user adds a klip, a new blank tab will automatically be created.
- Error message displayed if bad or empty url enter as datasource.
- News reader klip type uses letter wrapping.
- Editing a klip from view page returns back to view page on save.
- Various format adjustments for charts and borders.
- Fixes to data fetching from a remote source.
- Several improvements to IE in preparation for IE support.
- Start Trial box updated spinner.
- Help Home link now working.
May 13, 2011
- Back and cancel functionality generally supported.
- Sparkline format accepts arrays and strings.
- A klip can be created with no datasource.
- Klip title is suggested as Klip name when creating a Klip.
- Updated label formatting.
- Data source list when creating a klip is scrollable if long.
- Data refresh support improved.
- Reformatted properties tab.
- Removing all tabs leave a clear page (no residual klip images are left).
- “Add a klip” to an empty tab, adds the klip to that tab.
- Pie chart klip legend is on by default.
- Remove list klip component, for now.
- Updates to authentication screens.
- Klip creation wizard enhancements.
- Tab layouts, including klip positioning, persist when shared.
- Default klips updated.
- Tab menu reordered.
- Formatting tweaks.
May 6, 2011
- “Create a new data source” wizard is available when building a klip.
- Number colour based on threshold value.
- Number properties and formatting options updated.
- “canEdit” sharing permission enforced for Klips and data sources.
- New look and feel for mobile app.
- Added alternative transport if web socket not available.
- Current transport shown in tooltip for connection light.
- New UI for Account settings screens.
- Users can now edit their profile under Account.
- New UI for component properties while editing Klips.
- Visibility of component properties now driven by other property selections.
- Numbers and text now have default alignments.
- First component is selected by default when entering Klip editor.
- Klips are now named and saved after editing.
- Added share Klip to klip menus in the Dashboard.
- Created an API for handling automatic data uploads.
- Added 401 handling for data upload API.
- Table column headers now align better with columns (web and mobile).
- Added number formatting options.
- Corrected handling of numeric data with commas.
- Fixed refresh service bugs.
- Missing formats while editing Klips no longer throw errors.
- Klips and datasources are now editable by owners and users with rights to edit.
- Fixed a truncation problem on the Klip information screen.
April 29, 2011
- Klip Scrollbar visible when required in table components.
- Added Tab reordering.
- Synchronized dashboard and mobile tabs.
- Images in cache are cleared on app update.
- Removed unimplemented share option.
- Fixed “Add to my Dashboard” link on Klips View Page.
- Improved gear icon visibility on dashboard tabs.
April 28, 2011
- “Add to My Dashboard” button now adds a Klip to the most recently used tab.
- New operators in the formula bar.
- Added documentation for new functions.
- New Add Tab, add Klip, and change layout buttons on dashboard.
- Added description to tooltips for items in Library lists.
- New Klips are automatically added to the dashboard on Save.
- Default tabs and data sources are now saved with All Users group by default.
- Added links to support site on Help index and Welcome Klip.
- Hooked up Klipfolio authentication to support site.
- Made toolbar the only part of Klip that is draggable — adding support for in-Klip text selection.
- Added basic HTTP auth support to API controller.
- Added API information to data source info page.
- Fixed padding on 60/30 split dashboard layouts.
- Library lists no longer show duplicate entries for shared assets.
- Shared icon is now only displayed on items that belong to the user and are shared.
- Removed problematic jQuery CSS.
- Moved common functions to top of functions list when building formulas.
- Removed share rights from combo box that are not yet implemented.
- Added rights check to make sure user has rights to edit Klip.
- Default Klips and data sources are now shared with Use Only permission level.
- Text area fonts are now consistent with text fields.
- Fixed an issue where cookies set incorrectly when adding new tabs.
- Fixed an error on user details screen
- All Klips automatically added to the dashboard now animate to show position.
- Fixed problems related rights for groups.
April 26, 2011
New Features and Bug Fixes
- New functions (COUNT, COUNTA, COUNTBLANK) available for formulas.
- Text formats turn arrays into strings.
- Style changes to formula picker.
- Grammatical changes to text labels.
- Changes to disconnected light logic.
- Added support for values that evaluate to false.
- F2 shortcut to open/close source edit panel.
- Improved data retrieval while connection is idle.
- Fixed a problem with sparklines appearing in wrong location.
- Default formatting set to always be text.
- Removed points-only from sparkline options.
- Fixed a bug where edited sparklines not appearing on dashboard.
- Improved component selection in the workspace.
- Fixed a case where formula bar stays open instead of closing.
- Added comparitor formulas to formula system
April 25, 2011
New Features and Bug fixes
- Feedback feature: Integration with Uservoice feedback and support system
- Connectivity fix: Firefox 4 Socket error results in “not connected” message on dashboard
- Workspace fix: Can’t select column that was last selected when switching to Table or Klip items and back to that column in tree view
- Data source fix: A klip created that uses an RSS data source never updates
- Tabs fix: Can’t delete tabs due to database integrity constraint related to tab instance
- Formula fix: If you take a column of data and +,-,/ by one value you get the operation performed on each value in the column (e.g. 5 values in the column, 5 values after operation performed). If you do the same with *, it only performs the operation on first value in the column (the other values end up as 0)
- Workspace fix: If, when developing a table style Klip, you have a column that is Format “Text” under properties, there is no “Text Format” option as there is in Value Klip
- Workspace fix: When adjusting gauge properties, don’t show Max Value in Klip UI
- Sharing fix: Shared tabs are now listed under Shared Tabs in the user Library
- Dashboard fix: Changing layout after removing a klip results in script error and horizontal lines on the dashboard
- Users fix: Selecting own name from the All Users list causes an error
- Help fix: Help panel closes when user logs out
- Klips fix: “Add to My Dashboard” button on Klip View page brings up an error
- Workspace fix: If you are in the middle of creating a formula and you select the Properties tab, the visual formula “menu” stays visible
- Dashboard fix: NullPointerException every time dashboard page is visited and user for session does not exist
- Workspace fix: Data preview window is often collapsed and not visible
- Dashboard feature: Highlight (or animate) to show user where an added Klip has ended up on the dashboard