Projecting your business dashboard onto a large TV or digital wallboard is one of the most valuable and powerful use cases of Klipfolio. Klipfolio supports full-screen (TV) mode allowing you to play your dashboards in full screen mode on a rotating and timed schedule.
To help you explore and realize more powerful and flexible options for digital displays, we are providing this guide as an example of how we display our dashboards on wallboards here at Klipfolio.
The big picture
There are a number of options available, such as using Chromecast, Raspberry Pi (minimum version Pi 3), or, in our case, an Intel Computer Stick and a 3rd party web app called Rise Vision. Using the Klipfolio Publish Dashboard Link (URL) feature and Rise Vision, we push and manage these links to our wallboards. What sets Rise Vision apart from other similar services, is that it allows us to remotely manage the TVs and schedule and coordinate many dashboards on multiple displays.
Our parts list:
- Klipfolio Dashboard Service (and Published Links feature)
- 40 Inch Samsung Smart TVs
- Lenovo Ideacentre Stick 300 (Intel Atom 1.33 GHz CPU, 2 GB RAM, 32 GB HD) with Windows 10 (approx cost $130 CAD)
- Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
- A free Rise Vision Digital Signage Management Software account
Step by step setup:
- Create a Klipfolio dashboard.
- Publish a Klipfolio Published Link (you will use this URL to send the dashboard to your display). For more information on how to do this, see this help article.
- Setup Computer Stick with Windows 10 on a Samsung Smart TV.
- Create a free Rise Vision Account (https://www.risevision.com). Rise Vision requires a Google+ account, but this is also free.
- Log into your Rise Vision account.
- Add a Rise Vision Display (https://apps.risevision.com/displays/add)
- Give it a meaningful name and save. Rise Vision will create a display ID. Write this down as you will need it to pair the Display and Player with your account.
- Download and install the Rise Vision Player on your computing device (Windows or Linux).
- You’ll be prompted to enter the Display ID. This will pair the TV, computing device, and Rise Vision Player with that ID.
- Screen resolution and Rise Vision Display resolution settings need to be aligned and can be adjusted to optimize viewing experience.
- Ensure the computer (compute stick) has sufficient computing and storage resources.
- While Linux has its advantages, installing the Rise Vision player on Windows 10 on our Lenovo stick is quick and easy.
- While you can pass a URL directly to a playlist item in a Rise Vision Schedule, you can also create a Rise Vision Presentation and schedule it. This adds flexibility to the layout, resolution, and other content.
- One wireless keyboard and mouse can be used to set up multiple digital wallboards.
- You can optionally request Rise Vision to do the installation for you. All you have to do is plug your Klipfolio dashboards into the Rise Vision app.
For more information and assistance with Rise Vision's Klipfolio integration, check out Rise Vision's community forum.
Klipfolio does not officially, support, endorse, recommend, represent, or warrant any of the 3rd party products and services mentioned in this guide.