Projecting your business dashboard onto a large TV or digital wallboard is one of the most valuable and powerful use cases of Klipfolio. Klipfolio supports full-screen (TV) mode allowing you to play your dashboards in full screen mode on a rotating and timed schedule.
To help you explore and realize more powerful and flexible options for digital displays, we are providing this guide as an example of how we display our dashboards on wallboards here at Klipfolio.
There are a number of options available, such as using Chromecast, RaspberryPI, or in our case an Intel Computer Stick and a 3rd party web app called RiseVision. Using the Klipfolio Publish Dashboard Link (URL) feature, and RiseVision, we push and manage these links to our wallboards. What sets RiseVision apart from other similar services, is that it allows us to remotely manage the TVs, schedule, and coordinate many dashboards on multiple displays.
Our Parts List:
- Klipfolio Dashboard Service (and Published Links feature)
- 40 Inch Samsung Smart TVs
- Lenovo Ideacentre Stick 300 (Intel Atom 1.33 GHz CPU, 2 GB RAM, 32 GB HD) with Windows 10 (approx cost $130 CAD)
- Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
- A free RiseVision Digital Signage Management Software account
Step by Step Setup:
- Create a Klipfolio dashboard.
- Publish a Klipfolio Published Link (you will use this URL to send the dashboard to your display). For more information on how to do this, see this help article.
- Setup Computer Stick with Windows 10 on Samsung Smart TV.
- Create a free RiseVision Account (https://www.risevision.com). RiseVision requires a Google+ account, but this is also free.
- Log into your RiseVision account.
- Add a RiseVision Display (https://apps.risevision.com/displays/add)
- Give it a meaningful name, and save. RiseVision will create a display ID. Write this down as you will need it to pair the Display and Player with your account.
- Download and Install the RiseVision Player on your computing device (Windows or Linux).
- You’ll be prompted to enter the Display ID. This will pair the TV, computing device, RiseVision Player with that ID.
Troubleshooting, Tips & Tricks
- Screen resolution and RiseVision Display resolution settings need to be aligned and can be adjusted on both or either to optimize viewing experience.
- Ensure the computer (compute stick) has sufficient computing and storage resources
- While Linux has its advantages, installing the RiseVision player on Windows 10 on our Lenovo stick was very quick and easy.
- While you can pass a URL directly to a playlist item in a RiseVision Schedule, you can also create a RiseVision Presentation and schedule that as well. This will allow some added flexibility to the layout, resolution, and other content.
- One wireless keyboard and mouse can be used to set up multiple digital wallboards.
- Yes there are other services, and configurations, so why did we choose to use RiseVision? It’s purpose-built for digital wallboards, it’s free, and it works.
- If you don't want to go to the hassle of getting a player, display, mount, and installation, let RiseVision do it for you. They have an all in one package and will send an installer out to set it up for you. All you need to do is plug in your Klipfolio dashboards into the RiseVision app.
For more information and assistance with RiseVision's Klipfolio integration, check out RiseVision's community forum.
Klipfolio does not officially, support, endorse, recommend, represent or warrant any of the 3rd party products and services mentioned in this guide.