|Data Source Type:||REST/URL|
Localytics API Key and Secret KeyBasic HTTP Authentication
|API Documentation:||Localytics API Documentation|
Creating a data source using Localytics
To create a data source using Localytics, you need to accomplish four tasks:
- Start the data source creation process
- Craft a query and enter it into Klipfolio
- Find your API Key and Secret
- Authenticate and complete the data source creation process
Note: This guide assumes that you already have an active Localytics account.
Step 1: Start the data source creation process
To create a data source using Localytics, go to the New Data Source page in Klipfolio and select the REST/URL connector option.
Step 2: Craft your query and enter it into Klipfolio
Here is a sample query to help you get started:
Copy and paste your completed query URL from Localytics into Klipfolio.
Step 3: Find your API key
If you have not requested an API Key, you can submit a request by email to email@example.com. You can find your API Key and Secret Key by logging into your account, going to Settings and clicking on the API tab.
Step 4: Authenticate and complete the data source creation process
Once you have completed your query:
- At Data Format, select JSON.
- At Method, select GET or POST.
- In the Authentication (OAuth, 2-Step, X-WSSE, or Basic) menu, under Type, select Basic HTTP Authentication.
- At Username, enter your API Key
- At Password, enter your Secret Key
- Select Get Resource.
- If you are satisfied with the data returned, click Continue.