|Data Source Type:||REST/URL data source|
Eloqua Username and PasswordBasic HTTP Authentication
|API Documentation:||Oracle Eloqua API Documentation|
Note: This guide assumes that you already have an active Eloqua account.
Prerequisite: Find your Eloqua base URL
Your Eloqua base URL is a key element in getting data from your Eloqua account. You can can find your base URL in your Eloqua account in the address bar at the top of the page:
Keep your base URL handy for setting up your connection with Eloqua.
In Klipfolio: Start the data source creation process
To create a data source using Eloqua, go to the Connector Gallery page in Klipfolio and select Eloqua. If you don't see Eloqua in the list, select REST/URL.
Pick a data request
Get data faster with the example data requests. They are fully editable if you want to customize your request. If you choose to go custom, we highly recommend that you use Eloqua API documentation to help you get started with editing your query.
For this article, let's choose the Emails data request.
Edit your query URL
Your query URL is
First, replace <Your-Base-URL> with the base URL that you found in your Eloqua account.
Once you have completed your query:
- Select Authentication (OAuth, 2-Step, X-WSSE, or Basic).
- Under Type, select Basic HTTP Authentication.
- At Username, enter your company name and username in the following format: "yourcompany\username" (for example, "acmeconsulting\johnsmith")
- At Password, enter your Eloqua password for the username above.
- Select Submit.
- If you are satisfied with the data returned, click Continue.