Our recent redesign simplifies the data transfer experience by combining raw and modelled data sources into a single object - data feeds.
If you see Data Feeds in the left navigation sidebar, go to this article.
These new features are being released gradually. If you don't see them in your account yet - no worries - they’re coming soon!
|Data Source Type:||FTP / SFTP|
|File formats supported:||XML, RSS, CSV, Excel, and JSON|
Creating a data source using FTP or SFTP
To create a data source in Klipfolio using FTP or SFTP, you need to accomplish the following tasks:
- Start the data source creation process.
- Configure the connection to the FTP or SFTP server.
- Select your spreadsheet.
Note: You can select a file on an FTP or SFTP (secure FTP) server and use it as a data source to build custom metrics and custom Klips. When the file is updated, the data source and all of its associated metrics and Klips are updated.
Step 1: Start the data source creation process
- Click the + beside Data Sources in the left navigation sidebar.
If you don't see this option, go to the bottom of the left navigation sidebar and click your Account Name > Data Sources > Create a New Data Source.
- On the Where is your data? page select FTP & SFTP. (See below.)
Step 2: Configure the connection to the FTP or SFTP server
- Type the Host name for the FTP or SFTP server.
- Type the Port number for the FTP or SFTP server. The default port is 21.
- Provide a valid Username and Password.
- Provide a Start Path. For example, \.
- Use the drop down menu to select the correct Protocol setting.
Optional: Select Enable passive mode, if required.
- Click Connect.
Step 3: Select your spreadsheet
- From the Pick a file window, select a file.
- Click the Get File button.
- Verify the correct content is uploaded.
- Click the Continue button.
- Name the data source.
- Adjust the Auto-Refresh rate.
- Click the Save button.
The data source is added to your account and is ready to use for custom metrics or custom Klips. You can see all your data sources in your Data Source Library, accessed by clicking Data Sources in the left navigation sidebar.