|Data Source Type:||
|File Selection:||Klipfolio provides an interface to select files and explore folders associated with your account.|
|Video||Use Box as a data source|
Creating a data source using Box
To create a data source using a file associated with your Box account, you need to accomplish 3 tasks:
- Start the data source creation process.
- Use your OAuth token to authenticate with Box.
- Use the file selection tool to select files from your Box account.
Step 1: Start the data source creation process
To create a data source using Box, go to the Service Connectors page in Klipfolio and select Box.
Step 2: Use your OAuth token to authenticate with Box
- Click the Sign In to Box button.
- Enter your Box username and password.
Step 3: Use the file selection tool to select files from your Box account
- Select your data file using the selection tool.
If the file is located within a sub-folder, click the folder icon to view its contents.
- Click the Get data button.
- Ensure this is the data you’re looking for and, optionally, select the checkbox to Model your data. Learn more about modelling your data source here.
- Click Continue.
- Name, choose refresh settings, and, optionally, share your data source.
- Click Save.
NOTE: If you are having difficulty sharing your folders and files publicly, make sure that the administrator of your Box account has provided you with permission. If you are the administrator of your Box account, you can find the related settings on your Enterprise Settings page under Content and Sharing. Enable External links to folders and files and set access options to Open, Company and Collaborators. Make sure you save your selected settings!
- Working with XML/JSON data sources
- Use Excel as your data source
- The Box Community Help and Resource Forum