|Data Source Type:||
|File Selection:||Klipfolio provides an interface to select files and explore folders associated with your Box account.|
|Notes:||If you have difficulty sharing your folders and files publicly, make sure that the administrator of your Box account has provided you with permission. If you are the administrator of your Box account, you can find the related settings on your Enterprise Settings page under Content and Sharing. Enable External links to folders and files and set access options to Open, Company and Collaborators. Make sure you save your selected settings.|
Creating a data source using Box
To create a data source using a file associated with your Box account, you need to accomplish 3 tasks:
- Start the data source creation process.
- Use your OAuth token to authenticate with Box.
- Use the file selection tool to select files from your Box account.
Step 1: Start the data source creation process
- Click the + beside Data Sources in the left navigation sidebar.
If you don't see this option, go to the bottom of the left navigation sidebar and click your Account Name > Data Sources > Create a New Data Source.
- On the Where is your data? page select Box. (See below.)
Step 2: Use your OAuth token to authenticate with Box
- Click the Sign In to Box button.
- Enter your Box username and password.
Step 3: Use the file selection tool to select files from your Box account
- Select your data file using the selection tool.
If the file is located within a sub-folder, click the folder icon to view its contents.
- Click the Get data button.
- Ensure this is the data you’re looking for. If you’re using Klips, optionally select the checkbox to Model your data. If you’re using PowerMetrics, which requires modelled data sources, you’ll automatically enter the modeller after clicking Continue. Learn more about modelling data sources.
- Click Continue.
- Name, choose refresh settings, and, optionally, share your data source.
- Click Save.
The data source is added to your account and is ready to use for custom metrics or custom Klips. You can see all your data sources in your Data Source Library, accessed by clicking Data Sources in the left navigation sidebar.