You can set up a connection between Klipfolio and LinkedIn to show your LinkedIn data on a dashboard. Use the steps in this article to learn how set up that connection.
What is Klipfolio?
Klipfolio integrates with many cloud services and tools to create beautiful data visualizations.
How do I get started with LinkedIn?
You have the following options for visualizing your data on a dashboard in Klipfolio:
|Try the Klip Gallery||Add the Social media Command Centre Dasboard||Use the Connector Gallery|
|The Klip Gallery allows you to track your key metrics using pre-built Klips for some of the most popular services and data sources.||See all your social data together using the Social Media Command Centre Dasboard. It includes LinkedIn Klip(s), among other visualizations.||The Connector Gallery helps you get your data fast with pre-built queries. Use this article as a guide to build your own LinkedIn data source.|
If you want to build a data source entirely from scratch, use the Advanced section below.
Prerequisite: Find your LinkedIn company ID
To find your Linkedin company ID:
- Open LinkedIn in a new tab
- Search for your company page in LinkedIn.
- In your search results, select your company page.
- Navigate to the URL at the top of your company page.
- Copy and save the number immediately following 'www.linkedin.com/company/' but before the question mark.
Use your company ID in Klipfolio
- Head back over to Klipfolio.
- Find LinkedIn in the Connector Gallery.
- Enter your LinkedIn login credentials.
- On the New Data Source page, at Query URL, replace <companyID> with the company ID you found in LinkedIn.
- Click Get Resource.
- Save and name your data source. You're ready to build a Klip!
Klipfolio connects to hundreds of services in the cloud that have a REST API. If you take the time to learn how to get data into Klipfolio using APIs, your possibilities are endless. Here's a quick and simple overview video on APIs and Klipfolio:
If APIs are a bit too tricky for you, enlist a data analyst or developer to help you.
If you want to edit a current LinkedIn data source, check out How to edit or reconfigure a data source, and get step-by-step instructions.
LinkedIn API quick reference
|Data Source Type||REST/URL|
|API Documentation||The LinkedIn Profile API contains several components which are outlined in the following link:
|Additional Docs||Core Concepts - LinkedIn API|
Advanced query examples
For Linkedin Historical Follower Stats over the past 90 days: