|Overview||The 2-step authentication method is used to securely connect to a REST/URL connector.
This method involves two steps:
|Username||Credentials that identify your account|
|Password||Verifies the authenticity of the account|
|Parameters||For parameters, enter a Name, a Value, and select a Type - Query, Header or Cookie.|
|Auth URL||This URL generates the authentication token or session key that allows you to access the API. This URL may require you to include email, password and api key parameters. For example:
|Token Path||This is a regular expression that allows Klipfolio to retrieve the authentication or session key from the response received via the Auth URL. For example:
|Logout URL||This is used if the resource features a lockout for having too many sessions open.|
Connecting to your data using the REST/URL connector
To connect to your data using the REST/URL connector, you need to do the following:
- Start the data source creation process in Klipfolio.
- Write a query (request URL) by referring to the service provider's developer documentation.
- Enter the request URL into Klipfolio.
Step 1: Start the data source creation process
- Click Data Sources in the left navigation bar.
- Click the Create a New Data Source button.
- Select the REST/URL connector option.
Step 2: Write an API query
Begin by going to the REST/URL connector that you would like to retrieve data from.
Some API connection requests are free and open to the public, however, depending on the service provider, you may need to:
- Have an account with the service provider.
- Contact the service provider to grant you API request permissions.
- Contact the service provider to receive an authentication token.
- Pay an API access fee.
Step 3: Enter the request URL into Klipfolio
In the REST/URL connector, ensure that you:
- Copy and paste the URL request from the website into Klipfolio.
- Choose the appropriate Data format (XML,CSV, Excel, or JSON).
- Expand the Authentication (OAuth, 2-Step, X-WSSE, or Basic) menu.
- Under Type, select the option 2-Step Authentication.