Our recent redesign simplifies the data transfer experience by combining raw and modelled data sources into a single object - data feeds.
If you see Data Feeds in the left navigation sidebar, go to this article.
These new features are being released gradually. If you don't see them in your account yet - no worries - they’re coming soon!
|Data Source Type:||Dropbox|
|File Selection:||Klipfolio provides an interface to select files and explore folders associated with your Dropbox account.|
Create a data source using Dropbox
To create a data source using a file stored on Dropbox, you need to accomplish 3 tasks:
- Start the data source creation process.
- Authenticate with Dropbox.
- Use the data connector to select a file.
Note: This article assumes that you have an active Dropbox account.
Step 1: Start the data source creation process
- Click the + beside Data Sources in the left navigation sidebar.
If you don't see this option, go to the bottom of the left navigation sidebar and click your Account Name > Data Sources > Create a New Data Source.
- On the Where is your data? page select Dropbox. (See below.)
Step 2: Authenticate with Dropbox
- Click the Sign In to Dropbox button.
- Sign in to your Dropbox account.
- Click the Grant Access button.
- Save your OAuth Credentials.
Step 3: Select your Dropbox data file
- Select your data file using the selection tool.
If the file is located within a sub-folder, click the folder icon to view its contents.
- Click the Get data button.
- Ensure this is the data you’re looking for. If you’re using Klips, optionally select the checkbox to Model your data. If you’re using PowerMetrics, which requires modelled data sources, you’ll automatically enter the modeller after clicking Continue. Learn more about modelling data sources.
- Click Continue.
- Name, choose refresh settings, and, optionally, share your data source.
- Click Save.
The data source is added to your account and is ready to use for custom metrics or custom Klips. You can see all your data sources in your Data Source Library, accessed by clicking Data Sources in the left navigation sidebar.