|Data Source Type:||Dropbox|
|File Selection:||Klipfolio provides an interface to select files and explore folders associated with your account.|
|Video:||Use Dropbox as a data source|
Create a data source using Dropbox
To create a data source using a file stored on Dropbox, you need to accomplish 3 tasks:
- Start the data source creation process.
- Authenticate with Dropbox.
- Use the data connector to select a file.
Note: This article assumes that you already have an active Dropbox account.
Step 1: Start the data source creation process
To create a data source using Dropbox, go to the Service Connectors page in Klipfolio and select Dropbox.
Step 2: Authenticate with Dropbox
- Click the Sign In to Dropbox button.
- Sign in to your Dropbox account.
- Click the Grant Access button.
- Save your OAuth Credentials.
Step 3: Select the data file
- Select your data file using the selection tool.
If the file is located within a sub-folder, click the folder icon to view its contents.
- Click the Get data button.
- Ensure this is the data you’re looking for and, optionally, select the checkbox to Model your data. Learn more about modelling your data source here.
- Click Continue.
- Name, choose refresh settings, and, optionally, share your data source.
- Click Save.
Note: Dropbox provides this information on the public sharing of files and folders.