This article is intended for Partners and includes a checklist to go through each time you set up a dashboard for your client.
When setting up clients and dashboards, we recommend you follow these steps:
- Customize your master account using White-Label options
- Add clients in the Client's section of your master account
- Brand the client's dashboard
- Create groups in the client's account
- Add users to the client's account
- Build Klips and assemble a dashboard for each client
- Share resources with users and groups
Step 1. Customize your master account
Using the White-Label options, you can customize features like the product and widget name, the links, support email address, footer logos, and more.
For more information, see White-Label options.
Step 2. Add clients
You add clients in the Clients section located in your master account. You use this section to manage clients, add seats to client accounts, and sign in to client accounts as an administrator.
To add clients:
- Navigate to the Clients section.
- Click the Add a Client button.
- Provide a Client Name and Description for the client.
- Set the number of seats available to the client account. Note: Users associated with a client must be added using that client's account.
- Set the Account Status of the client account.
- Set sharing rights for the client. Note: These access rights only apply to users associated with the Parent Account.
- Click the Save button when ready.
For more information, see Managing Clients.
Step 3. Brand the client's dashboard
You can individually brand each of your client's dashboards using custom logos and themes. To do this, you need to be signed in to their account as an administrator.
- In the Client's dashboard, navigate to Account > Settings.
- Use the Branding options to set the dashboard logo for the client's account.
For more information, see Branding.
Step 4. Create groups for the client account
Groups provide the mechanism by which all resources (Klips, dashboards, and data sources) in Klipfolio can be widely shared. Once you create groups, it is easy to add new users to that group and provide them with instant access to key resources.
For instance, you could create a group called "Marketing" and share a dashboard with that group that shows web analytics data. To share this information with new or existing users, just add them to the group "Marketing".
To create a group:
- In the Clients section, click the Sign in... link.
- Navigate to the Users section.
- Open the Groups tab.
- Click the Create a Group button.
- Provide a name for the Group. Note: You can add users to a specific group on the user creation screen.
- Click the Save button.
- Create as many groups as required for that client.
Step 5. Add users to the client's account
Once the previous 4 steps are complete, you can start adding users to your client's account. As you add users you will also assign them to the groups you created in Step 4. When the new user signs into Klipfolio, they will have access to any resources that were shared with their group(s).
To add users:
- Navigate to the User's section.
- Click the Add a User button.
- Provide contact details for the new user.
- Add the user to applicable groups.
- Click the Save button.
- Create as many users as required for that client.
For more information, see Adding Users.
For more information, see Groups.
Step 6. Build Klips and assemble dashboards
Your clients will only be able to access Klips, dashboards, and data sources that have been built in their "child" account. To build Klips and assemble dashboards, you will need to be signed in to their account as an administrator.
For more information, see Building Klips.
Step 7. Sharing resources
In order for your clients to access the resources you have created, you can either share these resources with the groups you created in Step 4 or with individual users.
- In the left navigation bar, click Klips, Dashboards, or Data Sources depending on which asset you want to share.
- Select the specific asset(s) you want to share.
- Click Sharing.
- Beside Access, click Edit.
- Click Share with users.
- In the Share dialog, enter either a user name or a group name with which you want to share assets.
- Grant appropriate access for the user or group by selecting the relevant icon from the drop-down lists (either Edit or View).
- When you are finished adding users and adjusting their access, click Share.
The resource is shared with the specified groups or users and will display in the relevant asset list for each group or user.