This article describes how to give a user in your Partner account access to a Client account, also known as sharing a client account. Doing so enables users to build and manage Klips for a number of different clients.
What do I need to do before giving access?
Roles allow users to perform specific actions. If you want a user to be able to access a client account, the user must first be assigned the appropriate role (either an editor role or a custom role). If you give the user a custom role, it must include the following permissions under the Clients section:
- Access client section
- Edit clients
- Sign in to client as admin
In addition, before proceeding with the steps below, you need to create a group or groups. The group(s) should include the user or users that will access the client account. For more information on creating groups, see Creating groups.
Sharing a client account
To give a user access to (share) a client account:
- Click Clients.
- Select the client you want to share with the group.
- Under General Info, click Sharing.
- Click Edit.
- Select the group or groups to which you want to give access.
- From the dropdown menu, select an appropriate Right for each group.
- Sign in as admin only gives a group the ability to sign in with admin rights. This means they would have full access to the client's data.
- Sign in as admin and edit client settings gives a group admin rights and permission to edit the About this client page. This means they would have the ability to enable specific client features, for example, Download Reports.
- Sign in as view-only allows a group to sign in with view-only rights. This means they can preview the dashboard as the client would see it.
- Click Save.