|Data Source Type:||Guide to REST/URL data sources|
|Authentication:||Basic HTTP Authentication|
|API Documentation:||SEMrush API documentation|
|Important!||You will be charged SEMrush API units each time you create a new SEMrush data source in Klipfolio or refresh your SEMrush data. As a result, we recommend that when you create a SEMrush data source, to set the refresh rate to once a day. If you ever exceed your SEMrush subscription’s API limit, you can buy an additional API package from SEMrush.|
To create a data source using SEMrush, you need to accomplish three tasks:
- Find your SEMrush API Key
- Start the data source creation process in Klipfolio.
- Craft a query and save your data.
Prerequisite: Find your SEMRush API Key
To get data from SEMrush, you need an API Key from SEMrush.
To find your API Key,
Start the data source creation process in Klipfolio
To create a data source using SEMrush, go to the New Data Source page in Klipfolio and select SEMrush.
Craft the query and enter it in Klipfolio
To get started crafting a query, refer to the to the SEMrush API documentation. And remember! You will be charged SEMrush API units each time you create a new SEMrush data source in Klipfolio.
Here is a sample query to get you started:
Top 5 Keywords
Learn more about SEMrush Analytics API columns (for example, Ph,Po,Pp,Pd,Nq, etc.)
Authenticate and complete the data source creation process
After creating your SEMrush query,
- In the Authentication (OAuth, 2-Step, X-WSSE, or Basic) menu, under Type, select Basic HTTP Authentication.
- At Username, enter your API Key
- At Password, leave the password blank.
- Select Get Resource.
- If you are satisfied with the data returned, click Continue.