If you are using our Metric Klips™ BETA functionality, we would love to hear from you! Please send us your feedback by contacting email@example.com or by contributing via our Community Forum.
After you create and explore your Metric Klips, there are a few things you should know about accessing, editing, displaying, and deleting a Metric Klip®.
- Accessing Metric Klips
- Editing Metric Klips
- Adding Metric Klips to a Klipboard™
- Deleting Metric Klips
Accessing Metric Klips
To quickly find the Metric Klips that matter most to you:
- Add Metric Klips to your Starred list to set them as favourites.
- Apply filtering to display either all Metric Klips, only the ones created by you, or your starred Metric Klips.
Note: You can learn more about a metric by accessing the information icon in the top ribbon (available in the Explore view for a Metric Klip if, when created, it was based on one of our defined metrics).
Creating a list of favourite Metric Klips
To get quick access to the Metric Klips you refer to most often, add them to your Starred list. After you have set specific Metric Klips as "starred", they will display by default instead of your list of all Metric Klips the next time you log in.
There are a few ways to add a Metric Klip to your Starred list:
- On the Metric Klips List page, click the Add to Starred (star icon) for the Metric Klip(s) you want to add to your Starred list. Alternatively, you can click the Metric Klip's 3-dot menu and click Add to Starred.
- In the Explore View, click the 3-dot menu beside the Metric Klip's name and select Add to Starred. Alternatively, you can click the Add to Starred (star icon) in the upper-right corner of the window.
Note: Your unstarred Metric Klips display in the side navigation bar under Recent, sorted alphabetically.
Filtering to see the Metric Klips you created
You can filter on the Metric Klips List page to see only the Metric Klips you created.
- On the Metric Klips List page, select Created by me from the drop-down list (see below).
Editing Metric Klips
After creating a Metric Klip, you can rename the Metric Klip, view and edit the details for its associated modelled data source, choose a different aggregation method, select whether you want to show your data cumulatively, change favourable trend settings, and choose an alternate method for calculating the total metric value for a date range.
Note: The refresh rate for a Metric Klip is determined by its associated data source. If you want to edit a Metric Klip's refresh settings, go to its data source details page.
To edit a Metric Klip:
- In the Explore View, click the 3-dot menu beside the Metric Klip's name and click Edit.
- Rename the Metric Klip by selecting its current name and typing a new one.
- View and edit the details for the associated modelled data source by clicking the link under Data Source.
- Change the aggregation method using the drop-down list under Default Aggregation.
- Select Show as cumulative, if you want to view your Metric Klip's data as a cumulative sequence.
- Under Favourable trend, choose whether you want ascending or descending values to indicate a positive trend. For example, if your Metric Klip includes sales totals, a higher (ascending) number demonstrates a positive trend but, if your Metric Klip includes expense totals, a lower (descending) number indicates a positive trend. Note that this option only applies to scorecard (single value) visualizations. Favourable trends are indicated by a green arrow.
- Select an alternate method for calculating the total Metric Klip value for a date range, by selecting from All values, The latest values, or The latest values for each (Hour, Day, Month, Year), under Date and Time.
- When you are finished editing the Metric Klip, click Save.
Adding Metric Klips to a Klipboard
You can add a Metric Klip to a Klipboard from the Metric Klip’s Explore view.
To add a Metric Klip to a Klipboard:
- In the Explore View, click the 3-dot menu beside the Metric Klip’s name and click Add to Klipboard.
- Either select an existing Klipboard or click + New Klipboard to create a new Klipboard.
- Click Save.
Deleting Metric Klips
You can delete a Metric Klip from your Metric Klip List page or from the Metric Klip's Explore View page.
To delete a Metric Klip from your Metric Klip List page:
- On the Metric Klip List page, click the 3-dot menu for the Metric Klip you want to delete and click Delete.
To delete a Metric Klip from the Explore View page:
- In the Explore View, click the 3-dot menu beside the Metric Klip's name and click Delete.