- Finding your metrics
- Seeing details for a metric
- Adding metrics to a dashboard
- Deleting metrics from the account
Finding your metrics
There are several options to help you quickly find the metrics you're looking for:
- See a list of your favourite metrics by adding them to your Starred list.
- On the Metric List page:
- Search by data service name or metric name.
- Apply Services filtering to show metrics by type (for example, uploaded files, custom, or calculated).
- Apply Display filtering to show all metrics, only the ones created by you, those that have been shared with you, your starred metrics, or Klipfolio sample metrics.
Note: If you click All when filtering, and you’re an Admin user, you’ll see ALL of the metrics in your account. However, you will only be able to see the data within the metrics that are shared with you.
Creating a list of favourite metrics
To get quick access to the metrics you refer to most often, add them to your Starred list. After you've set specific metrics as "starred", they will display by default instead of your list of all metrics the next time you log in.
There are a few ways to add a metric to your Starred list:
- On the Metric List page, click the metric's 3-dot menu and click Add to Starred. Alternatively, you can hover to the left of the metric's name in the list and perform the same actions.
- With a metric open in its Explore View, click the 3-dot menu beside its name and select Add to Starred. Alternatively, you can click the Add to Starred (star icon) in the upper-right corner of the window.
Searching by data service or metric name
Filtering by metric type
On the Metric List page, choose to see metrics by type, for example, metrics created from uploaded files, custom metrics, or calculated metrics. This list grows as you add more types of metrics to your account.
Filtering to display the metrics you created
On the Metric List page, filter to see only the metrics you created.
To display the metrics you created:
- On the Metric List page, select Created by me from the drop-down list (see below).
Seeing details for a metric
When you’re viewing a metric in its explore view, on a dashboard, or in your list of metrics, you can select its 3-dot menu and click About to see the following details:
- The name of the metric view (if applicable)
- The name of the source metric
- The metric’s owner
- When the metric was last refreshed and last modified
- The metric’s definition and the formula used to create it (if it was created using a metric from MetricHQ)
Adding metrics to a dashboard
To add a metric to a dashboard from your list of metrics:
- In the left navigation sidebar, click Metrics, to open your Metric List page.
- Select the metric you want to add to a dashboard to enter its Explore View.
- Beside the metric's name, click the 3-dot menu and select Add to dashboard.
- Either select an existing metric dashboard or click + New dashboard.
- Click Save.
Deleting metrics from the account
You can delete a metric from your Metric List page or from the metric's Explore View page.
To enable account asset management, if you're an account admin, you can delete any metric in the account, even those that aren't shared with you. However, the data within those unshared metrics will be set to "private" or "locked" and you will not be able to see it.
To delete a metric from your Metric List page:
- On the Metric List page, click the 3-dot menu for the metric and select Delete.
To delete a metric from its Explore View page:
- On the Metric List page, select the metric you want to delete to enter its Explore View.
- Click the 3-dot menu beside the metric's name and select Delete.
- Click Delete.