This article contains the following sections:
- Finding your metrics
- Seeing details for a metric
- Adding metrics to a dashboard
- Deleting metrics from the account
Finding your metrics
There are several options to help you quickly find the metrics you're looking for:
- See a list of your favourite metrics by adding them to your Starred list.
- On the Metric List page:
- Filter by date range.
- Search by service name or metric name.
- Apply Services filtering to show metrics by service or type (for example, all Google Analytics metrics or all metrics created from uploaded files).
- Apply Display filtering to show all metrics, only the ones created by you, those that have been shared with you, your starred metrics, or Klipfolio sample metrics.
Note: If you click All when filtering, and you’re an Admin user, you’ll see ALL of the metrics in your account. However, you will only be able to see the data within the metrics that are shared with you.
Creating a list of favourite metrics
To get quick access to the metrics you refer to most often, add them to your Starred list. Then, set the metric list filter to Display starred metrics and only they will display in your list of all metrics the next time you log in.
There are a few ways to add a metric to your Starred list:
- On the Metric List page, click the metric's 3-dot menu and click Add to Starred. Alternatively, you can hover to the left of the metric's name in the list and perform the same actions.
- In an open metric, click the 3-dot menu in the top-right corner of the window and select Add to Starred. Alternatively, you can click the Add to Starred (star icon) in the upper-right corner of the window.
Note: Your 5 most recently viewed, unstarred metrics display in the left navigation sidebar under Recent, sorted alphabetically.
Filtering by date range
On the Metric List page, choose the date range for which you want to see data. Select from our pre-set options, for example, "Auto", "Maximum date range", "Today", and "Last 7 days", or click Custom to apply a unique date range. You may notice some date ranges are not available. That's because the range of historical data you can access is dependent on your pricing plan.
Note: The “Auto” date range shows the last XX number of days of your data, counting backward from 11:59 pm today. The number of days shown depends on your plan limit, for example, if you’re signed up for the Free plan, you’ll see up to the last 62 days of data, including today, for all metrics in the list. If you choose the “Maximum date range” option, each metric in the list will display its maximum data, based on your plan limit, counting backward from the last date in your data. Learn more about the difference between “Auto” and “Maximum” date range filters.
Searching by service or metric name
On the Metric List page, enter a metric name or the name of a service in the Search field. For example, to see a list of your Google Analytics metrics, enter "Google Analytics".
Filtering by service or metric type
On the Metric List page, choose to see all metrics or filter by service or by metric type, for example, show all of your Google Analytics metrics or only the metrics you created from uploaded files. This list grows as you add more services and metric types to your account.
Filtering to display the metrics you created
On the Metric List page, filter to see only the metrics you created.
To display the metrics you created:
- On the Metric List page, select Created by me from the drop-down list (see below).
Seeing details for a metric
When you’re viewing a metric on a dashboard or in your list of metrics, you can select its 3-dot menu and click About to see the following details. You can also click the About tab for an open metric to access similar information.
- The name of the metric view (if applicable). (This displays at the top of the window.)
- The name of the source metric. Clicking this link for a metric on a dashboard or in the metric list opens the metric in a new tab.
- The metric’s owner.
- When the metric was last edited and last refreshed.
- The amount of data history that’s being stored.
- The type of metric (instant, custom, or calculated). For instant metrics, you'll see the associated service (for example, Google Analytics or Instagram Business) and a metric definition. You'll also be able to access a link to Metric HQ (if applicable). For instant (calculated) metrics, you'll see similar options and be able to see and access the instant metrics used in the calculation. For calculated metrics, you can see the formula that was used to create the metric and click each metric to open its homepage. Note: You can also see the metric type under the metric's name in the Metric List table.
- The default value (aggregation type) that was selected when creating the metric.
- The date or time dimension (name of the date or time column in the associated data source or data feed) and available segments. These items display as pink text, indicating they are settings that were selected when the metric was created.
- A link to the associated data feed (if applicable). Note that data feeds for instant metrics are created and managed by Klipfolio
Adding metrics to a dashboard
To add a metric to a dashboard from your list of metrics:
- In the left navigation sidebar, click Metrics, to open your Metric List page.
- Select the metric you want to add to a dashboard.
- In the upper-right corner of the window, click the 3-dot menu and select Add to dashboard.
- Either select an existing metric dashboard or click + New dashboard.
- Click Save.
Deleting metrics from the account
You can delete a metric either from your Metric List page or from an open metric.
To enable account asset management, if you're an account admin, you can delete any metric in the account, even those that aren't shared with you. However, the data within those unshared metrics will be set to "private" or "locked" and you will not be able to see it.
To delete a metric from your Metric List page:
- To delete a single metric, click the 3-dot menu for the metric and select Delete.
- To delete multiple metrics, select the checkbox beside each metric in the list you want to delete. Then, click the Delete button, located in the top-left of the window.
To delete a metric from an open metric:
- On the Metric List page, select the metric you want to delete to open it.
- Click the 3-dot menu in the upper-right corner of the window and select Delete.
- Click Delete.