- Finding your metrics
- Seeing details for a metric
- Adding metrics to a dashboard
- Deleting metrics from the account
Finding your metrics
There are several options to help you quickly find the metrics you're looking for:
- See a list of your favourite metrics by adding them to your Starred list.
- On the Metric List page:
- Filter by date range.
- Search by service name or metric name.
- Apply Services filtering to show metrics by service or type (for example, all Google Analytics metrics or all metrics created from uploaded files).
- Apply Display filtering to show all metrics, only the ones created by you, those that have been shared with you, your starred metrics, or Klipfolio sample metrics.
Note: If you click All when filtering, and you’re an Admin user, you’ll see ALL of the metrics in your account. However, you will only be able to see the data within the metrics that are shared with you.
Creating a list of favourite metrics
To get quick access to the metrics you refer to most often, add them to your Starred list. After you've set specific metrics as "starred", they will display by default instead of your list of all metrics the next time you log in.
There are a few ways to add a metric to your Starred list:
- On the Metric List page, click the metric's 3-dot menu and click Add to Starred. Alternatively, you can hover to the left of the metric's name in the list and perform the same actions.
- With a metric open in its Explore View, click the 3-dot menu beside its name and select Add to Starred. Alternatively, you can click the Add to Starred (star icon) in the upper-right corner of the window.
Filtering by date range
On the Metric List page, choose the date range for which you want to see data. The “Auto” date range shows the last XX number of days of your data, counting backward from 11:59 pm today. The number of days shown depends on your plan limit, for example, if you’re signed up for the Free plan, you’ll see up to the last 62 days of data, including today, for all metrics in the list. If you choose the “Maximum date range” option, each metric in the list will display its maximum data, based on your plan limit, counting backward from the last date in your data. Learn more about the difference between “Auto” and “Maximum” date range filters.
Searching by service or metric name
Filtering by service or metric type
On the Metric List page, choose to see all metrics or filter by service or by metric type, for example, show all of your Google Analytics metrics or only the metrics you created from uploaded files. This list grows as you add more services and metric types to your account.
Filtering to display the metrics you created
On the Metric List page, filter to see only the metrics you created.
To display the metrics you created:
- On the Metric List page, select Created by me from the drop-down list (see below).
Seeing details for a metric
When you’re viewing a metric in its explore view, on a dashboard, or in your list of metrics, you can select its 3-dot menu and click About to see the following details:
- The name of the metric view (if applicable). (This displays at the top of the window.)
- The name of the source metric. Clicking this link for a metric on a dashboard opens the metric in its explore view.
- The metric’s owner
- The amount of data history that’s being stored
- When the metric was last edited and last refreshed
- The type of metric (instant, custom, or calculated). For custom metrics, you can also see a link to the associated modelled data source. For instant metrics, you can also see a definition and access a link to Metric HQ (if applicable). For calculated metrics, you can see the formula that was used to create the metric.
- The associated service, for example, Google Analytics or Instagram Business.
- The aggregation type that was selected when creating the metric.
- The date or time dimension that was selected when creating the metric.
- The segmentation choices available (if applicable)
Adding metrics to a dashboard
To add a metric to a dashboard from your list of metrics:
- In the left navigation sidebar, click Metrics, to open your Metric List page.
- Select the metric you want to add to a dashboard to enter its Explore View.
- Beside the metric's name, click the 3-dot menu and select Add to dashboard.
- Either select an existing metric dashboard or click + New dashboard.
- Click Save.
Deleting metrics from the account
You can delete a metric from your Metric List page or from the metric's Explore View page.
To enable account asset management, if you're an account admin, you can delete any metric in the account, even those that aren't shared with you. However, the data within those unshared metrics will be set to "private" or "locked" and you will not be able to see it.
To delete a metric from your Metric List page:
- On the Metric List page, click the 3-dot menu for the metric and select Delete.
To delete a metric from its Explore View page:
- On the Metric List page, select the metric you want to delete to enter its Explore View.
- Click the 3-dot menu beside the metric's name and select Delete.
- Click Delete.