This article describes Klipfolio's left-side navigation menu, the point of access to all of our features for Klips and PowerMetrics and for your account, company, and personal settings.
Note: Clicking the Collapse button collapses the side menu, providing more space to display your Klips and PowerMetrics.
When you hover your mouse beside the Klipfolio logo, an Edit button displays. This enables you to change the Klipfolio logo to represent your company by either uploading a new logo or typing your account name. See How do I change my dashboard logo? for more details.
From the side menu, you can add assets such as dashboards, Klips, and PowerMetrics and access lists of your resources. You can also invite new users, access help articles, change the appearance of your workspace, or access your account page. Note that some options differ depending on whether you are in the Klips or the PowerMetrics area of Klipfolio. Continue reading for more details.
You can access Klips, PowerMetrics, or MetricHQ using the product selector located at the bottom of the left navigation sidebar. (See below.)
Use dashboards to organize and effectively display your Klips and PowerMetrics in meaningful ways.
- If you are in the Klips product area: Dashboards are used to display both Klips and PowerMetrics. You can instantly add a new, blank dashboard by clicking the button beside Dashboards. The open dashboard list, displayed in the left navigation bar, gives you fast access to the dashboards you use the most. When you add a new dashboard, it automatically displays there. To see a list of all of your dashboards, click on Dashboards. To learn more about working with dashboards in the Klip product area, click here.
- If you are in the PowerMetrics product area: Dashboards are used to display PowerMetrics only. To see a list of all of your dashboards, click on Dashboards. Your dashboard list, displayed in the left navigation bar, gives you fast access to your five most recently opened dashboards. You can add new dashboards by clicking the button beside Dashboards. To learn more about working with dashboards in the PowerMetric product area, click here.
To learn more about the differences between Klip dashboards and PowerMetric dashboards, click here.
Connect your Klips and PowerMetrics to meaningful data by selecting a data source from your list or by creating a new data source.
- If you are in the Klips product area: Select Data Sources to view your full list of data sources. To add a new data source, click the Create a New Data Source button.
- If you are in the PowerMetrics product area: Select Data Sources to view your full list of data sources. To add a new data source, click the Create a New Data Source button. Note that PowerMetrics can only be built using modelled data sources. In PowerMetrics, you model your data source as part of the data source creation process. To learn how to model an existing data source, click here.
The Users tab enables you to access the users, groups, and roles in your account. Click the + button next to Users in the side navigation to invite multiple users at once.
You have access to a variety of resources to guide you when using Klipfolio.
- If you are in the Klips product area: Use the Help icon to access our in-app help, where you can get information on every part of our product.
- If you are in the PowerMetrics product area: Use the Help icon to access an introductory PowerMetrics article. From there you can continue to explore all of our PowerMetrics Knowledge Base articles.
Use the Themes icon to switch your background theme between slate, light, and dark.
Click on the account name to access your Account settings and plan details or to buy a plan. This is also where you sign out of your account.