When you share an asset (Klip, PowerMetric, dashboard, or data source) with individual users in your account, an email notification is automatically sent to the recipient.
What's included in the email notification?
The email notification includes the following information:
- The sharer's name
- The asset's name
- The recipient's access to the asset (Edit or View)
- A link that goes to the asset in the recipient's account:
- Clicking on the link for a Klip or a data source takes the recipient to the asset's details page.
- Clicking on the link for a Klip dashboard opens the shared Klip dashboard and adds it to the recipient's list of open dashboards (in the left navigation sidebar).
- Clicking on the link for a PowerMetric opens the shared PowerMetric in its Explore View.
- Clicking on the link for a PowerMetric dashboard opens the shared PowerMetric dashboard.
What else do I need to know?
Here are a few more things you should know about email notifications:
- Email notifications are not supported for group sharing. They are only supported when sharing assets with individuals.
- Each asset that is shared sends a unique email notification. For example, if you share 5 Klips with an individual, the recipient will get 5 separate email notifications.
- Email notifications only include the primary shared asset, not secondary assets. For example, if you share a Klip dashboard, the notification won't include details for the Klips and data sources associated with the shared Klip dashboard.