Ready to get the most from your Amazon Aurora (AWS) data? Get started by setting up a connection between Klipfolio and your AWS account and adding some data sources.
When you're finished adding AWS data sources, you'll use them to power your custom metrics or Klips.
This article includes:
Adding an AWS custom-built data source
To add an AWS custom-built data source:
- Click the + beside Data Sources in the left navigation sidebar.
If you don’t see the option above, go to the bottom of the left navigation sidebar and click your Account Name > Data Sources > Create a New Data Source.
- On the Where is your data? page, select Amazon Aurora (AWS).
- On the Choose a pre-built or custom connection page, click Create a custom Amazon Aurora data source.
- Fill in the following fields:
- At SQL Query, adjust the query information to return the data you need and replace placeholder information with your own. For example, replace <databaseTable> with your own data.
- At Columns, choose to include or exclude column headers.
- At Connection security, choose whether to use SSL/TLS.
- If accessing a database behind a firewall, click Use an SSH tunnel and enter the required credentials.
- Click Get data.
- Ensure this is the data you’re looking for. If you’re using Klips, optionally select the checkbox to Model your data. If you’re using PowerMetrics, which requires modelled data sources, you’ll automatically enter the modeller after clicking Continue. Learn more about modelling data sources.
- Click Continue.
- Name, choose refresh settings, and, optionally, share your data source.
- Click Save.
The data source is added to your account and is ready to use for custom metrics or custom Klips. You can see all your data sources in your Data Source Library, accessed by clicking Data Sources in the left navigation sidebar.
Great! You've connected to your AWS data and created one (or more) data sources. Now you're ready to use those data sources in custom metrics or custom Klips.
Want to learn more?
Check out these related articles: