You can set up a connection between Klipfolio® and your PipelineDeals data to display your sales metrics on a dashboard.
This article includes:
- Options for visualizing my PipelineDeals data
- Connecting my PipelineDeals data in Klipfolio
- Adding a PipelineDeals pre-built or custom-built data source
- Creating a PipelineDeals custom Klip
- More about PipelineDeals' API and queries
What options do I have for visualizing my PipelineDeals data?
Create data visualizations based on pre-built options or build your own. The choice is yours!
Pre-built by Klipfolio
Take advantage of our pre-built data sources to gather the data most meaningful to you.
- PipelineDeals pre-built data sources: Data sources provide the foundation for Klip® building, so we suggest you create a data source as a first step (before building Klips™ and adding them to your dashboard). Our pre-built data sources focus on the most sought-after PipelineDeals data and are found on the Service Connectors page, available from this link or from your list of data sources. When you select a service connector from this page, the data source for that service is automatically added.
Custom-built by you
Taking the time to learn how to create your own data sources and Klips unlocks your data and enables you to control, manipulate, and transform it, leading you to unprecedented insights into your business.
- Custom data sources: When you create a custom data source, you can either use the pre-built data source as a starting point from which to write your own query or you can write your own queries from the ground up and build a data source from scratch. You create custom-built data sources in the Service Connectors page, accessible from this link or from your list of data sources.
- Custom Klips: Using our Klip Editor, you can construct and manipulate your data, including integrating multiple data sources, to produce unique, custom-built data visualizations. You create custom Klips from either your list of Klips or your Dashboard.
How do I connect to PipelineDeals data in Klipfolio?
To connect your PipelineDeals data to Klipfolio, you will need your API Key.
To get the right data from PipelineDeals, you use your PipelineDeals API Key in the queries provided by Klipfolio or in your own query when building data sources.
How do I find my PipelineDeals API Key?
To find your PipelineDeals API Key:
- Log in to your PipelineDeals account.
- At the top right, click your user icon.
- Click Account settings.
- In the left navigation, click PipelineDeals API.
- At Available API Users, copy your API Key.
How do I add a PipelineDeals pre-built or custom-built data source?
To add a PipelineDeals pre-built or custom-built data source:
- Navigate to the Service Connectors page in Klipfolio and choose PipelineDeals from the list.
- Select a pre-built data source from the left section of the Choose a pre-built or custom connection page. Alternatively, if you want to create a custom-built data source, click Create a custom PipelineDeals data source.
- Adjust the Query URL information, as noted on the Configure your data source page, to replace any generic placeholder data with your own.
For example, replace <Your-API-Token> with your API Key.
- If you are creating a custom-built data source, edit the Query URL further to return the data you need. Refer to the PipelineDeals API documentation for details.
- Click Get data.
- Ensure this is the data you’re looking for. If you’re using Klips, optionally select the checkbox to Model your data. If you’re using PowerMetrics, which requires modelled data sources, you’ll automatically enter the modeller after clicking Continue. Learn more about modelling data sources.
- Click Continue.
- Name, choose refresh settings, and, optionally, share your data source.
- Click Save.
How do I create a PipelineDeals custom Klip?
You create custom Klips from either your list of Klips or your Dashboard. You choose a data visualization format, for example, a pie chart, gauge, or table, and decide whether you want to use an existing data source or create a new one. In the Klip Editor, there are limitless opportunities to modify, relate, and display your data. See the following related articles for more information and get building!
More about PipelineDeals' API and queries
Klipfolio connects to hundreds of services in the cloud that have a REST API. If you take the time to learn your service’s API to create queries for the data you want, your possibilities are endless. Here’s a quick overview video on APIs and Klipfolio:
If you need assistance using APIs, enlist a data analyst or developer.
Refer to the PipelineDeals API documentation to discover more data requests.
See the reference table below for API related information and sample queries.
|PipelineDeals API documentation
|API Key Authentication
For a list of companies:
To get a list of leads and their statuses: