Start learning about PowerMetrics right away by exploring a sample PowerMetric dashboard and sample PowerMetric visualizations.
When you begin a trial with Klipfolio, you get immediate access to a sample PowerMetric dashboard. Use it to quickly learn how to effectively express your PowerMetric data in a consolidated, meaningful display.
Our sample dashboard can act as a starting point for building your own customized dashboard. Not only can you add, remove, and share the sample PowerMetrics that are automatically included with the dashboard, you can also add your own personalized PowerMetrics.
Sample PowerMetrics demonstrate the flexibility, creativity, and effective messaging that comes with our PowerMetric visualizations. Add one to your dashboard and immediately begin exploring and learning how PowerMetrics can help you display essential data using a wide variety of visualization types.
The sample PowerMetric dashboard
Our sample dashboard includes two sample PowerMetrics called Coffees Brewed and Office Guests. Feel free to explore them, trying out different visualization types and choosing different dimensions (segments) to break them down and see the data from unique perspectives.
A single PowerMetric can be duplicated and then reconfigured to display many versions (views) of that PowerMetric on your dashboard. For example, in one view you could show how many coffees were brewed in your office as a line chart and in a different view as a bar chart. You can configure your office guest data to see the total number of guests in a time period broken down by their reason for visiting your office. There are so many possibilities!
- The sample PowerMetric dashboard counts toward your account’s dashboard limits. However, if you reach your limit of dashboards, you can repurpose the sample dashboard as a personal dashboard by removing any or all of its sample PowerMetrics and adding your own or you can delete the dashboard altogether. Please note that if you delete your sample dashboard it is permanently removed from your account. You cannot get it back.
- All dashboards, including the sample dashboard, can display up to 15 PowerMetric views.
Viewing and editing options
As a new trial customer who’s interested in PowerMetrics, you will begin in our sample PowerMetric dashboard in View mode. View mode enables you to set personal options for your dashboard. The customizations you make while in View mode persist locally and are only visible to you. To learn more about what you can in View mode, go here.
If you want to make permanent changes to a PowerMetric on your dashboard you must be in Edit mode. Edit mode is used for authoring and editing dashboards for you and your team. When you make changes in Edit mode, you are setting the default display that everyone will see when viewing the dashboard and its PowerMetrics. To enter Edit mode for the dashboard click the Edit button in the upper-right corner of the dashboard. To learn more about what you can do in Edit mode, go here.
You can access dashboard options from the 3-dot menu in the upper-right corner of the dashboard. Among other options, from there you can edit, share, or delete the dashboard. To learn more about displaying PowerMetrics on a dashboard, go here.
How do I access the sample PowerMetric dashboard?
When you enter PowerMetrics for the first time the sample PowerMetric dashboard displays. If you leave it, you can reopen it from the left-side navigation bar under Dashboards (where all of your dashboards are listed alphabetically).
Sample PowerMetric visualizations
Learn how you can use Klipfolio to visualize your data from many different perspectives and in diverse formats. Slice and dice by choosing different dimensions and convey the right message using the optimal chart type.
To access sample PowerMetrics:
- At the top of the side navigation bar, select PowerMetrics from the drop-down menu.
- In the side navigation bar, click PowerMetrics, to open your PowerMetrics List page.
- Select Samples from the drop-down list (see below).
- Click a sample to open it in its Explore View, where you can personalize its display.
Learn more about exploring PowerMetrics here.
- From the Explore View, you can add the sample PowerMetric to a dashboard by clicking the 3-dot menu in the top-right corner of the window and selecting Add to dashboard.
Learn more about PowerMetric dashboards here.
Note: Unlike PowerMetrics that you create yourself, you won’t be able to edit, delete, share, or star a sample PowerMetric.