In Klipfolio, each user is assigned one or more roles. Each role includes a set of permissions. These permissions define the actions a user can perform.
Klipfolio PowerMetrics includes the following built-in roles:
- Account Administrator - users with this role can manage all the assets in the account, for example, they can add users, assign roles, and remove metrics and metric dashboards. They cannot create or edit assets.
- PowerMetrics Editor - users with this role have all permissions except those specific to account administration. They can share, create, edit, and delete data sources, metrics, and metric dashboards.
- PowerMetrics Viewer - users with this role can share metrics and metric dashboards and see assets that have been shared with them.
To manage user roles and permissions, in the left navigation sidebar, click the button, and select Klipfolio Account. Open the Users & Permissions tab, and click either Users or Roles.
Notes on roles and permissions
Here are a few important things to note about PowerMetrics roles and permissions:
- The first user in the account is automatically assigned all roles, including the Klips Editor and Klips Viewer roles, in case you want to try out our other product, Klips. This user counts against the number of editor users allowed by your pricing plan. If you are using all allowed editor users for your account, and want to give a different user an editor role, you can deselect the role from the initial user in your account.
- When you add a user they are assigned to the PowerMetrics Viewer role by default. If you want to enable more permissions for a user, you can assign them to additional roles.
- You can add and remove roles for users, in accordance with your pricing plan. However, please note:
- You must retain at least one Account Administrator.
- All users in your account are assigned to the PowerMetrics Viewer role - this role cannot be removed.
- The Account Administrator role enables you to manage company assets. A user with this role can view and delete account assets, such as metrics and metric dashboards, but they cannot see the data in these assets unless they've been shared with them.
Permissions and permitted actions by role
The following table describes the permissions assigned to each built-in role for Klipfolio PowerMetrics. These default roles cannot be altered.
|Access data sources||View a list of data sources to which you have access||☑|
|Create data sources||Create new data sources||☑|
|Share data sources||Share data sources||☑|
|Download data sources||Transfer data source files locally||☑|
|Edit data sources||Modify data source files and see data source warnings||☑|
|Delete data sources||Permanently remove data source files from your account||☑|
|Access metrics||View a list of the metrics to which you have access||☑||☑|
|Create metrics||Create new metrics||☑|
|Edit metrics||Modify metrics||☑|
|Share metrics||Share metrics||☑||☑|
|Delete metrics||Permanently remove metrics from your account||☑|
|Access PowerMetrics dashboards||View a list of the PowerMetrics dashboards to which you have access||☑||☑|
|Create PowerMetrics dashboards||Create new PowerMetrics dashboards||☑|
|Edit PowerMetrics dashboards||Modify PowerMetrics dashboards||☑|
|Share PowerMetrics dashboards||Share PowerMetrics dashboards||☑||☑|
|Delete PowerMetrics dashboards||Permanently remove PowerMetrics dashboards from your account||☑|
|Switch theme||Change the navigation sidebar background colour||☑||☑||☑|
|See data source warnings||View data source warnings||☑|
User, Groups and Roles
|Manage all users, groups, and roles||Account administration of users, groups, and roles||☑|
|View all users||View a list of the users in your account||☑||☑||☑|
|View all groups||View a list of the groups in your account||☑||☑||☑|
|Edit profile||Modify user settings in the "My Profile" page||☑||☑|
|Manage company settings||Administer company account settings||☑|
|View account usage||View event logs and refresh history||☑|
|Manage connected accounts (OAuth tokens)||Create, edit, and delete OAuth tokens||☑||☑|
|Access API||Authenticate and send requests to Klipfolio's API||☑||☑||☑|
|Manage all Klips||Account administration of Klips||☑|
|Manage all dashboards||Account administration of Klip dashboards||☑|
|Manage all data sources||Account administration of data source files||☑|
|Manage all comments||Account administration of Klip notations||☑|
|Manage all metrics||Account administration of metrics||☑|
|Manage all PowerMetrics dashboards||Account administration of PowerMetrics dashboards||☑|