This article describes how to navigate PowerMetrics (using the left navigation sidebar), including how to access and interact with all PowerMetrics assets and account administration settings.
Note: Clicking the Collapse button collapses the side menu, providing more space to display your PowerMetrics.
- To access your PowerMetrics:
- To see a list of all PowerMetrics, click PowerMetrics. This opens your PowerMetrics List page. You can filter this list (for example, to only see the PowerMetrics you created) by selecting options from the Display drop-down list.
- The list of PowerMetrics that displays in the sidebar under PowerMetrics gives you quick access to your five most recently viewed PowerMetrics. Clicking a PowerMetric here, or in your full list of PowerMetrics, opens it in its Explore View, where you can experiment with its display. To learn more about exploring your PowerMetrics, click here.
- To add, share, or delete a PowerMetric:
- Click PowerMetrics to open the PowerMetric List page. Click + Add PowerMetrics. To learn more about adding PowerMetrics, click here.
- Click a PowerMetric in the list to open it in its Explore View. Click the 3-dot menu in the upper-right to access share, delete, and other options.
Use dashboards to organize and effectively display your PowerMetrics in meaningful ways. To learn more about working with PowerMetric dashboards, click here.
- To access your dashboards:
- To see a list of all dashboards, click Dashboards. This opens your Dashboard List page. You can filter this list to show all dashboards or only those you created. You can also see the dashboard name and owner and the time it was created and last modified.
- The list of dashboards that displays in the sidebar under Dashboards gives you fast access to your five most recently opened dashboards. Clicking a dashboard here, or in your Dashboard List page, opens the dashboard.
- To add, share, or remove a dashboard:
- Add new dashboards by clicking Dashboards to open the Dashboard List page. Click + New Dashboard.
- Share or delete a dashboard either from an open dashboard or from your Dashboard List page. To learn more about sharing dashboards, click here.
Connect your PowerMetrics to meaningful data by selecting a data source from your list or by creating a new data source.
- To access your data sources:
- At the bottom of the left navigation sidebar, click your Account name > Data Sources. If you don’t see this option, select Data Sources in the left navigation sidebar instead. This opens your list of data sources. The Data Source List page has lots of helpful information, such as the name, type, and format of the data source, its owner and the time it was created and last refreshed (updated).
- To add, share, or delete a data source:
- To add a new data source, go to the Data Source List page (as described above) and click the Create a New Data Source button.
- To share or delete a data source, select the data source on the Data Source List page. This opens the details page for the data source where you can share or delete it.
Note: With pre-built "instant" PowerMetrics, we create and model the data source for you. For custom-built PowerMetrics, you can either create and model your data source before or during the custom PowerMetric creation process. To learn how to model a data source, click here.
Other menu options
In the bottom section of the navigation sidebar, you can access help articles, change the appearance of your workspace, access general account settings and data sources, and sign out of Klipfolio. (See below.)
Click the button to access the PowerMetrics section of our Knowledge Base.
Click the button to switch your background theme between slate, light, and dark.
Klipfolio Account and Product selector
Click the button. If you have access to both Klips and PowerMetrics, you can switch between them here. You can also access all Klipfolio products (Klips, PowerMetrics, or MetricHQ) and administer users, groups, and roles by clicking Klipfolio Account.
Click on your account name to access general settings for your account, as well as plan details. This is also where you sign out of your account.