This article describes how to navigate PowerMetrics using the left navigation sidebar, including how to access and interact with all PowerMetrics assets and account administration settings.
- Clicking the Collapse button collapses the side menu, providing more space to display your metrics and dashboards.
- To open an asset (metric, dashboard, or data feed list pages or individual metrics, dashboards, data sources, or data feeds) in a new tab, click Ctrl + click (for Windows) or Command + click (for macOS).
Opening a metric displays its homepage, where you can view the metric from multiple perspectives and edit the metric for yourself and for everyone who has shared access. Learn more about viewing and editing metrics.
- To access your metrics:
- To see a list of all metrics, click Metrics. You can filter this list by Date range or by selecting options from the Services and Display drop-down lists. Learn more with this introduction to the Metric List.
- The list of metrics that displays in the sidebar under Metrics > Recent gives you quick access to your five most recently viewed, unstarred metrics. Clicking a metric in either of these lists or in your full list of metrics opens the metric’s homepage. Learn more about viewing your metrics.
- To add, share, or delete a metric:
- Click Metrics to open the Metric List page. Click + Add metrics. Learn more about adding metrics.
- Click a metric in the list to open it. Click the 3-dot menu in the upper-right to access share, delete, and other options.
Use dashboards to organize and effectively display your metrics in meaningful ways. Learn more about working with metric dashboards.
- To access your dashboards:
- To see a list of all dashboards, click Dashboards. You can filter this list to show all dashboards or only those you created. You can also see the dashboard name and owner and the time it was created and last modified (updated).
- The list of dashboards that displays in the sidebar under Dashboards > Recent gives you quick access to your five most recently opened, unstarred dashboards. The list of dashboards that displays under Dashboards > Starred gives you quick access to your favourite dashboards. Clicking a dashboard in either of these lists or in your full list of dashboards opens the dashboard.
- To add, share, or remove a dashboard:
- Add new dashboards by clicking Dashboards to open the Dashboard List page. Click + New dashboard and either add a new blank dashboard or a pre-built dashboard template.
- Share or delete a dashboard either from an open dashboard or from your Dashboard List page. Learn more about sharing dashboards.
Note: We're gradually releasing data feeds (to replace raw and modelled data sources) so you may see Data Feeds in the left navigation sidebar instead of Data Sources. If so, see the following section.
Connect your metrics to meaningful data by selecting a data source from your list or by creating a new data source.
- To access your data sources:
- At the bottom of the left navigation sidebar, click your Account name > Data Sources. This opens your list of data sources. The Data Source List page has lots of helpful information, such as the name, type, and format of the data source, its owner and the time it was created and last refreshed (updated).
- To add, share, or delete a data source:
- To add a new data source, go to the Data Source List page (as described above) and click the Create a New Data Source button.
- To share or delete a data source, select the data source on the Data Source List page. This opens the details page for the data source where you can share or delete it.
Note: We're gradually releasing data feeds (to replace raw and modelled data sources). If you don't see them in your account yet - no worries - they're coming soon!
Connect custom metrics to your data by selecting a data feed from your list or by creating a new data feed. Learn more about data feeds.
- To access your data feeds:
- To see a list of all data feeds, click Data Feeds in the left navigation sidebar. This opens your Data Feeds List page. You can filter the list by service (example, to only show data feeds that connect to Google Analytics). You can also choose to display all data feeds, data feeds that are shared with you, or only the data feeds you created. In addition, you can filter based on refresh status (active or in error). There's lots of helpful information for each data feed in the list, including, the data feed name, owner, created date, when it was last refreshed, its refresh status, and the number of metrics in your account that are connected to the data feed.
- To add, share, or delete a data feed:
- To add a new data feed, go to the Data Feeds List page (as described above) and click the +New data feed button.
- To share a data feed, click the 3-dot menu at the end of its row in the list and click Share.
- To delete a single data feed, click the 3-dot menu at the end of its row in the list and click Delete. To delete multiple data feeds, select the check boxes beside the name for each data feed in the list you want to delete, then, click the Delete button in the upper-left of the window.
In Explorer, you can investigate and learn from your metric data in a personalized way. The changes you make when exploring won’t affect the underlying metric or its data or be visible to anyone but you. Learn more about exploring your metrics.
- To add metrics to Explorer:
- Click in the left navigation sidebar. If you haven’t added any metrics yet to Explorer, click the button. If you’ve already added some metrics to Explorer and want to add more, click the +Add metric button that displays beside the already added metrics.
- To save an explored metric or to remove one or more individual metrics:
- Save an explored metric by clicking and add it to a new or existing dashboard.
- To remove a metric from Explorer, click the 3-dot menu for the metric tile, then click Remove.
Other menu options
In the bottom section of the navigation sidebar, you can access in-app help, change the appearance of your workspace using light or dark mode, access administrative settings, notifications, and your list of data sources, and sign out of Klipfolio.
Click the question mark in the left navigation sidebar. Our in-app Help gives you one-click access to Contact Support, the Knowledge Base, the ability to Enable the Getting Started guides (which display as a banner above the metric, dashboard, and data feed list pages), and the What's new.
Light and Dark mode
Click the button to switch between light and dark mode or to automatically apply the mode that matches your current system settings. Learn more.
Click the button for shortcuts to our most-used account settings (Account, Plan, Settings, Connections, Users, and My profile).
If you have access to both Klips and PowerMetrics, you can switch between them here by selecting Products. You can also administer groups and roles by clicking Account and then, on the left, selecting either Groups or Roles.
You can access all Klipfolio products (PowerMetrics, Klips, and MetricHQ) by clicking the button, selecting Account, and then, on the left, selecting Products.
When you’re ready to exit the administration area of Klipfolio and return to the product, click the Back to <product name> button at the top of the navigation sidebar.
Click on your Account Name to sign out and to access your profile and list of data sources.