When you organize individual users into groups, you can quickly share assets (metrics, dashboards, and data sources) with targeted Klipfolio account members. For example, you can add users to a group called "Marketing", and then share all marketing-related assets with the group. All members will be able to see all of the metrics, dashboards, and data sources that are shared with the group.
- When creating groups, we suggest you give them meaningful names and, optionally, descriptions to help distinguish each group. After creating groups, you will need to add members to them from your existing database of users. Learn about adding users here.
- There are two groups included in your account: All Users and Default. Every user in your account is automatically added to the All Users group. Note that you can’t manually add users to or remove them from this group. When you invite new users to your account, they’re added to the Default group. Note that for older accounts, this group is called Trial Users.
To create a group:
- Click the button in the left navigation sidebar and select Account. Then, on the left, click Groups.
- Click Create a Group.
- Provide a Name and, optionally, a Description for the group.
- Select individual users to add to the group and move them from the Non-Members to the Members area by clicking the right-facing arrows or, if you want to add all of the displayed users at once, click Add All.
- When you are done adding users, click Save.