This article describes how to delete a user from your account.
Note: If you need to reduce the number of Editor users to fit within your pricing plan limits, remember that you don't have to delete the user - you can just remove the PowerMetrics Editor role for the user.
To delete a user:
- Click the button in the left navigation sidebar and select Users.
- On the Users page, select a user from the list.
- Click the Delete User button.
All assets (metrics, dashboards, and data sources) that were owned by the deleted user are automatically transferred to the person deleting the user. You will need to reconfigure some data sources because data source tokens cannot be transferred.
Why can't I delete a user?
If you are having trouble deleting a user, it could be that:
- You don't have a role with the necessary permissions. To delete a user, you must have an Account Administrator role.
- The user is the Primary Contact. Klipfolio will not let you delete the primary contact of an account until you have selected another user as the primary contact.
To change the primary contact for an account:
- In Klipfolio, click on your name and select Account.
- Select the Company tab.
- Within Company Info, beside Primary Contacts, click Edit.
- Select another user as the primary contact.
- Click Save.