Follow along with our co-founder Allan Wille as he describes how to transform your Excel spreadsheet financial data into metrics.
Learn how to:
- Get to your data using our File Upload connector. Then, choose the Excel spreadsheet to use for your data feed and custom metric.
- Format your data, using the data preview as a guide, to:
- Switch row-oriented data to column-oriented data. (To work with metrics, the measures and dimensions in your data feed need to be organized into columns, not rows.)
- Choose which row to use as the column header row.
- Further prepare and clean up the data in the data feed editor by:
- Giving column headers meaningful names.
- Hiding blank columns.
- Unpivoting columns to turn your pivot table into a list table. (Metrics refer to single columns of data and, as such, require data to be in a list table format.)
- Filtering columns to remove data you don’t want in your metric.
- Modifying data formats per column, for example, set text and currency formats.
- Create a Revenue metric, segmented by revenue type.
Watch the video demo: