Creating a data source for Amazon MWS (Seller Central) can be a daunting task. However, if you follow along with this step-by-step guide you should have no problem successfully pulling MWS data into Klipfolio! In this example request, we will pull a list of orders between June 1, 2017 to June 30, 2017.
- Data Source Type: REST/URL
- Authentication: Signed Signature
- API docs: Amazon MWS
- Test Environment: Amazon MWS Scratchpad
Note: If you do not have a developer account, you will need to sign up. Go to https://developer.amazonservices.com/ and click on "Sign up or manage Amazon MWS". You'll be prompted with a screen with options for your developer account. Select "I want to access my own Amazon seller account with MWS".
1. Gather the following information from your Amazon MWS account.
To obtain your MWS credentials go to the User Permissions page on Seller Central. Under Amazon MWS Developer Permissions section, in the Action Taken column click on View your credentials to view the AccessKeyID and Secret Key.
Next, visit the MWS endpoints and MarketplaceID values page to determine which endpoint and MarketplaceID is required.
2. Use the Amazon MWS Scratchpad to test if you have the correct authentication credentials. Note that a MWSAuthToken is not required if you are the owner of the account.
3. Once you have confirmed a successful response with the MWS Scratchpad, you can construct your API call with the REST/URL connector.
4. Paste the following url in the query URL field and replace <AccessKeyID>, <MarketplaceID>, <SellerID>, and <SecretKey> with your MWS credentials:
- In addition:
- Set the Data Format to XML
- Set Method to GET
- Click Get Resource
- If you are satisfied with the data returned, click Continue.
- Both the Request and Signature sections of the query must be entered alphabetically.
- Lines beginning with capital letters come before lines beginning with lower case letters. For example, AWSAccessKeyID= comes before Action=
- Pay attention to Klipfolio's method of adding new lines in the signature. For example, .appendNewLine().
- Make sure that there are NO SPACES in your query.
If you have any issues creating a successful request after following these instructions, let the Klipfolio team know and we'll be more than happy to help you out!