Salesforce power user here.
With the recent changes to our Salesforce connector, I wanted to poll the audience to see how our Customers and Partners were approaching their Salesforce dashboards.
I live in Salesforce, so I’m very at home in their powerful, flexible reporting engine. Using Reports in SFDC has therefore been my go-to for getting data into Klipfolio. Why Reports?
- I have existing reports that I know well and use daily
- I can easily create new ones
- I can use Summary Reports for data sources that are easy to work with and quick to load
- **Limitation: Max of 2000 rows of data
Members of our Executive team disagree with me; they find it cumbersome to have to build something outside of Klipfolio before being able to build a dashboard, and don’t like the record limit. They therefore prefer the SOQL/build a query approach, and felt this way even before the recent changes eliminated nearly all of the complexity. Now they can easily search for the fields they need, and get data in seconds. Why build a query?
- No 2000 row limit
- Wizard query builder means no SOQL required on majority of queries
- Access data across objects with “related” and “lookup” fields (requires some SOQL)
- No work needed outside of Klipfolio
- Wealth of supporting documentation and forums to help
Have you tried the new connector? What’s your approach, and why? Have you run into any snags?