Just a heads up that Atlassian has introduced API tokens as a replacement for Jira Basic authentication requests that previously used a password for an Atlassian account. For more detailed information, please visit Jira deprecation notices.
What’s changing and what do I need to do?
There are some things that we are unable to update for you and need action on your part. Your existing Jira data sources were set up using Basic authentication, with your Atlassian account’s email and password.
To ensure that your existing data sources continue to refresh without interruption, you need to change the password field from your account’s password to your account’s API token.
Please follow the instructions given below to update your existing data sources.
- Create your Atlassian API token using the instructions under Create an API token section in the following article.
- In your Klipfolio library, select the Jira data source you want to update. On the About this Datasource page, select Reconfigure Connection.
You will now be directed to the authentication page (see image below).
- Ensure that the email field is correctly populated with the email associated with your Atlassian account. Copy the API token from your Atlassian API token manager and paste it on to the API token field.
- Select Next Step to proceed to the Edit Data Source page. Select Submit, double-check that your data is returned correctly and proceed to save your updated datasource.
- Repeat the process above for all your Jira data sources.
Please note that you must update your existing Jira data sources, using the instructions above, even if they’re currently refreshing with the previous form of authentication.
To ensure that your existing Jira data sources continue to refresh without interruption, please implement this update at your earliest convenience.
Finally, please double-check that any Klips and PowerMetrics using your Jira data sources are working as expected.
Let us know if you have any questions. We are here to help!