Just a heads up that Facebook Ads and Instagram Business are deprecating v3.3 of their Marketing Graph API on Jan 13th, 2020. We will be performing our migration to the current version v5.0 to support your existing data sources on January 9th, 2020.
For example your query will change from:
For further information regarding this deprecation, please check out Facebook’s Platform Changelog for more information. Note that there are also some changes to rate limits that are unlikely to impact you, but could impact you depending on your usage
What do I need to do?
There are some things that we are unable to update for you and need action on your part.
- Important note: If you have created Facebook Ads data source(s) using our REST/URL connector, please note that we’re unable to migrate your data source(s) to the current version. Therefore, please reconfigure these data source(s) and change your base URL from https://graph.facebook.com/v3.3/ to https://graph.facebook.com/v5.0/
- The metric video_avg_percent_watched_actions has been deprecated in the v5.0 API. If you’re using this metric in Klips, PowerMetrics or modelled data sources, please modify your formulas to remove this metric prior to January 13th to ensure that your assets continue to refresh as expected. If your data source or klip was based on a template provided by Klipfolio, you can reconfigure the data source or klip to pick up the latest version of those templates without this metric.
- The following metrics have been replaced with similar metrics in v5. Your data sources will be updated automatically. If your klip was based on a template provided by Klipfolio, you can reconfigure the klip to pick up the latest version of those templates with the replacement metrics. cost_per_10_sec_video_view - replaced with cost_per_thruplay, video_10_sec_watched_actions - replaced with video_thruplay_watched_actions.
- If you are using a breakdown in your query, the syntax is now breakdowns. In addition, the node placement is now called publisher_platform. If your data source or klip was based on a template provided by Klipfolio, you can reconfigure the data source or klip to pick up the latest version of those templates with the new syntax.
- Currency changes:From Facebook’s documentation “Endpoints that return amounts in a specific country's currency now comply with the Unicode Common Locale Data Repository standard. If an endpoint returns an amount in a specific country's currency, but the calling app is outside of that country, the country's ISO country code will be prefixed to the currency's symbol. For example, if an endpoint returns amounts in US dollars but the app making the request is in Australia (which also uses the $ symbol), the endpoint will respond with US$99 instead of $99.” This change may impact your Klip or modelled data source formulas that return currencies. You may need to strip the leading country from the formula with a function such as SUBSTRING(<data source reference>, 3)
Finally, after January 13th, please double-check that any Klips and PowerMetrics using Facebook Ads and Instagram data sources work as expected.
Let us know if you have any questions, we are here to help!