Feb 5: Update: If you have added some of our pre-built Xero Klips that are no longer showing data, please ensure when you are reconfiguring the datasource to point to the new token you have created, the data format is set to XML as the default data type is JSON which will break the Klip.
Feb 4 Update: The issue with XML formatted data sources has been resolved
Feb 3: Update: We are investigating an issue where Xero data sources which return XML formatted data are still seeing issues. Will update soon.
Our engineering team has solved the issue with Xero data sources not pulling in updated data to Klipfolio. To re-enable your data sources, you will need to re-configure your data sources in Klipfolio and connect a new account. (We have moved our Xero connection to the new OAuth 2 standard documented here https://developer.xero.com/documentation/oauth2/overview)
What do I need to do?
There are some things that we are unable to update for you and need action on your part.
- Find your Xero data sources by selecting Data Sources on the left side navigation. Then search for Xero .
- For each data source, you will need to reconfigure. You will need to create a new Xero connected account for the first data source, and then ensure you use the new acount for any subsequent data sources.
- Click Reconfigure. If there are associated klips or PowerMetrics you will see a warning about impacting them. Click OK. Note that you are just changing the authentication mechanism so there should be no impact in this case.
- Click Connect New Account. (For subsequent data sources, simply ensure you select your newly created account)
- You will see a pop-up window from Xero, asking for your credentials (If you pop-up does not come up check that you have disabled your adblocker and cleared your cache). It will look like this:
- Continue through the reconfigure process to ensure your data source is now using receiving the expected data results.
We believe we have added the permissions necessary so that all of our customers can retrieve the data they were fetching before. However there is a chance you may see an error such as "Service responded with exception status (401)." If you see this error please let us know.
If you have any questions, ask us, we’re here to help!