|Data Source Type:||REST/URL|
|URL structure||For JSON:
For XML, append .xml to the url request:
|API Documentation:||Taleo Business Edition REST API Reference Guide|
Creating a data source using Taleo Business Edition
To create a data source using Taleo data, you need to accomplish three tasks:
- Start the data source creation process
- Craft a query and enter it in Klipfolio
- Add query parameters to the URL
Step 1: Start the data source creation process
To create a data source using Taleo, go to the New Data Source page in Klipfolio and select the REST/URL connector option.
Step 2: Craft the query and enter it in Klipfolio
To get started crafting a query, refer to the to the Taleo Business Edition API documentation.
Here are some sample queries to get you started:
To GET a requisition by ID:
To GET candidate-requisition data:
To GET a collection of offers for a candidate:
Once you have finished crafting your query, set the request message format:
- At data format, select JSON.
- Select the Method that is appropriate to the query. In our example, GET.
Step 3: Add query parameters
Each type of API call will have required parameters associated with it. Klipfolio lets you add query parameters to the URL using the (optional) Query Parameters builder. This builder will automatically add the parameters to the URL using the correct syntax.
These procedures will detail how to do that; however, you can apply these steps to other parameters.
To add parameters:
- Click the Query Parameters link.
For the Header:
- In the Name field, type Content-Type.
- In the Value field, type application/json.
- In the Type field, select Header.
For the Authentication:
- Click the + sign to add another row.
- In the Name field, type authToken.
- In the Value field, type [auth_token]
- In the Type field, select Cookie.
Step 4: 2-Step Authentication
The Taleo Business Edition REST API uses cookie-based authentication through a saved authToken variable. This requires you to first submit (i.e. POST) your login credentials to the API, grab your session key and then save in the cookie.
The login process replicates the frontend application with three parameters required: username, password and company code (unique Taleo customer value). If you do not have these variables, please contact your Taleo Administrator to receive these. You will also need the permission role of Administrator to access the REST API entirely. To learn more, see Taleo API documentation.
- Click the Authentication link.
- In the Type field, select 2-Step Authentication.
- Enter your Username and Password.
- In the Response field, select JSON.
- At AuthURL, enter your authentication URL.
- At Token Path, devise the regular expression to access the token. For example, "authToken":"(.*?)". To learn more about regular expressions, see http://www.regular-expressions.info.
- At Logout URL, enter your logout URL.
These articles provide an overview of important concepts for connecting to data sources:
- Creating data sources
- 2-Step Authentication
- Working with JSON/XML data sources
- Best practices for uploading your data